Computer Help forum

General discussion

David Blumenson looking for new blackberry phone

by David_Blumenson / July 11, 2012 4:28 PM PDT

Hi there,

I am David Blumenson. I am looking forward to purchase the blackberry phone. Any recommendation for the best model which I should purchase? Help me with your valuable suggestion in choosing the right model for me.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: David Blumenson looking for new blackberry phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: David Blumenson looking for new blackberry phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Given the direction of RIM
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 11, 2012 4:55 PM PDT
Collapse -
That would depend
by Jimmy Greystone / July 11, 2012 11:53 PM PDT

That would depend on what carrier you have. At least in the US where you have Verizon and Sprint as CDMA carriers and AT&T and T-Mobile as GSM carriers. The phones are not interchangeable. If you're in the UK or some other place where there's a government imposed standard for cellphone communication technology, you still would need to figure out a way to unlock any phone not offered by your carrier.

I would look at what models your specific carrier has, and then go from there. Or if you're looking to establish cell service for the first time, you might first want to check into the different carriers in your area, figure out which one people generally consider to be the best. Personally I value the ability to actually USE my phone over almost everything else, which is why I just kind of brace myself every time Verizon thinks up a new way to shaft its customers. The charging people $30 to be able to sign a contract saying you'll pay them for 2 years was a real stroke of genius in that regard. But Verizon is the only carrier in the US that has invested the resources into building out a truly massive nationwide network. No one else even comes close to matching their coverage. So even if someone else may give better customer service, lower prices, offer better phone selection... What good does that do me if I find myself in an area with no service?

I would also give some pretty strong consideration to what Bob said. RIM is basically a dead company walking. The odds that their upcoming, and delayed, Blackberry 10 platform is going to miraculously turn their fortunes around is a very slim hope at best. I think the absolute best case scenario they can hope for, is that the BB10 platform stops the massive bleeding of users. Unless you absolutely need a Blackberry for some reason, consider an Android phone.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.