End of life or not, you could share the few details and hope for the best.
I have a Sony Vaio that is about 3 years old. I'm not sure of the model number but it has XP media sp2 on it. I have an old database type program produced by a company that no longer makes upgrades for or supports it. It worked on win 95/98 but not ME. When I got the Vaio I was elated that it worked again. It has more than 10 years of accumulated data in it. So during this time all has been well and life is good until two days ago when I began to have problems. The same problems I had with ME software. When I tab through a data field and there is data in the cell, the data disappears. Other than that, the reports work, I can enter new data but I can't access any fields where the data already exists without the data being eaten.
I've tried all combinations of using the system compatibility feature. I have a laptop with XP home on it and the program does the same thing it is doing now. It has never worked. The only changes I've made to the Vaio is taking the software updates. I've also recently purchased a new printer and installed the software that came with it.