1. What version of firmware is in the router?
2. Did you ever install any ISP software such as an PPPoE or such ?
Cofig. Windows XP Pro. P4 2.40GHz 512 DDRAM.
Have my static IP address from my ISP. Recently I bought a laptop and above mentioned Router so I can connect My comp.thru Router & laptop to operate wireless. I wanted to set up my computer first thru the router so I followed the steps as given by the router IP 192.168.0.1 :-
1.Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)Properties and DNS Server were set to obtain addresses automatically in my computer.
2. Router was powered with the Ethernet cable connected to port 1 and thru IE & router IP opened the router site to Run the Wizard.
3. Followed all the steps on the screen and put the static IP address, Sublet Mask,Gateway & DNS as per the Wizard in the router.
4. Connected the Internet cable to WAN port of the Router.
After doing all that I still find that the internet does not work thru Router but works fine if I connect directly to the comp after putting proper IP, Sublet etc.
There are quite a few other setting in the if I open the site thru IE http://192.168.0.1 but was told that once I run the wizard I do not require further settings.
Will appreciate if a guidance is given step by step to configure my router as I feel I am doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance