Samsung forum

General discussion

D-Link Router and Wireless Connection

by rtc79 / November 10, 2010 11:57 PM PST

I have a BD-C5500 that will not connect to my D-Link wireless router. I have done everything to get it to connect except remove the WPA and security key. It will not connect, but will connect without any problems with a network cable. I would not like to have 65'(20m) of cable running through my house.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am running the lastest firmware 1018.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: D-Link Router and Wireless Connection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: D-Link Router and Wireless Connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yep
by Diligent1 / November 11, 2010 12:46 AM PST

Use WEP. Input a key into key 1. These players have a problem with WPA. Also, set router channel 11 and not auto. And disable your firewall before making those router changes. Once changes are made, enable firewall again. Go connect your BD player. You can also try to turn off your security and get the BD connected first then go back and enable your security again.

Collapse -
(NT) D-Link DIR-635
by rtc79 / November 14, 2010 8:25 PM PST
In reply to: Yep
Collapse -
WEP is dead.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 12:56 AM PST

A wep protected? network is compromised in about 2 minutes. You also find folk that complain about network drops since a side effect of the compromise is the dropped connections.

WEP is BAD ADVICE. You may see it from time to time but there is no hope for it to be fixed.

The Cnet Networking forum has a post specifically for Samsung products and users.

--->> Your issue may be specific to the model of Dlink. But I can't look into that since I can't find the model in question. You might be stuck with the insecure WEP for now.
Bob

Collapse -
Also
by Diligent1 / November 11, 2010 1:16 AM PST
In reply to: WEP is dead.

I also said to try disabling security just long enough to connect BD player then go enable your WPA security again. Once the player is connected and you make a security change, it doesnt affect the player. It will stay connected.

Collapse -
D-Link DIR-635 Router
by rtc79 / November 14, 2010 8:32 PM PST
In reply to: WEP is dead.

Hello, R. Proffitt, the router sorry for not being more detailed in the first post.
The BD-C5500 has problems with WPA AES settings.

Collapse -
I think I use WPA PSK
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2010 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: D-Link DIR-635 Router

And my newest routers are giving me a new WPA/WPA2 PSK option which is nice since it tries WPA2 and falls back to WPA when needed.

There is a sticky with advice in the Cnet Networking forum and the short version is latest firmware, default router settings, simple SSID broadcasting and WPA PSK.
Bob

Collapse -
---
by tigger000005 / November 11, 2010 8:37 PM PST

I run a dlink (615)..initialy had the same problem...use wpa and on the router...(auto wpa & wpa2)...make sure of the password

restart everything (modem, then router, then comps then player)...
make sure the player settings are on "wireless"
try connecting ...remember password to connect to the network will be 26 characters

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.