Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Cyfre 3G router issues

by bigsmoker6624 / March 18, 2009 8:36 AM PDT

Greetings,

I am a technical novice so i will provide all the information i can and hopefully someone can help me. I have a huawei EC228 Data card from Alltel plugged into the Cyfre 3g Router. I Have the latest firmware installed . I have the router hooked up directly to a desktop unit and use it wirelessly for 2 laptop computers. All computers are using Windows Vista as the OS. My issue is none of the computers will constantly stay connected to the internet and not just the every 12 hours disconnect by alltel. Sometimes I will lose the signal after just 10 minutes sometimes it comes back on its own and other times the router has to be disconnected and then reconnected in order for the signal to return. Plugging any of the computers in directly to the data card reveals a nice stable connection with no issues. I have replaced the router one time already and experience the same issues with the new router. Whats the solution here??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cyfre 3G router issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cyfre 3G router issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
more info
by bigsmoker6624 / March 19, 2009 8:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Cyfre 3G router issues

Well the Data Card has been updated , the router was reinstalled per the sticky in this forum and the disconnction problems still exist in both the wired computer and the 2 laptops. Pherhaps a new router is in order.

Collapse -
I guess nobody can help us
by Jer7Rob / February 10, 2010 12:23 PM PST
In reply to: more info

I noticed that you never got a response to this question. I am having the exact same problem with the exact same equipment. The only difference with my is that the combination worked perfect until a few months ago when I decided to upgrade the firmware on the router. At the very instant it started doing what you described (dropping the connection constantly). I have since contacted Cyfre repeatedly. They told me that it could not be the firmware update and that there was nothing they could do for me. I would love to just have the old firmware back but they told me there was no going back once you upgrade....which I'm sure is not the case if you have the file for the old firmware...

PLEASE let me know if anybody has figure out a solution to this problem as it is very frustrating...and I don't want to pay over 100 bucks for a new 3G router when I have one that worked perfect before updating it....

Thanks!

Collapse -
You're right.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2010 10:39 PM PST

"Plugging any of the computers in directly to the data card reveals a nice stable connection with no issues."

That points to a defect elsewhere. Why no one helps is they see the defect and sometimes the only way to help is to let people think it over till it dawns on them.
Bob

Collapse -
I hope it dawns one someone
by Jer7Rob / February 11, 2010 11:41 AM PST
In reply to: You're right.

I hope someone figures it out...I have tried everything I know to do...Like you said it is definitely not the data card... I know for a fact it is the router...I just dont know how to fix it

Collapse -
You know it is the router.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 11, 2010 10:09 PM PST

I see it is the router. Now that we know it's that, who is the person(s) that can fix that?

It's unlikely it will be us. Unless it is you changing for a working make and model.
Bob

Collapse -
Let's say this router ALMOST works.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 11, 2010 10:10 PM PST

And the wifi is utter junk. About post 18 of this forum's stick is how I might use another router as a WAP.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.