Alert

Cyberpower PC - Testimonial: Buyers Beware... I Mean RUN!

I should be clear up front... I have NEVER had a problem with another company before in my entire life. I had heard the warnings about Cyberpower and read them, but didn't think it would happen to me. I thought the people who posted were weird loons who blew small problems out of the water.

In all seriousness, these guys are bullies. They make up policies after sales, and try and cheat you at every single turn. The amount of time, expense and lost productivity I've had dealing with them is outrageous... just go with a legitimate company and spend the extra (you'll probably still save).

a) My computer first arrived with "some assembly required." By that I mean the professionals who I was paying to build and assemble the thing didn't do their job right, so I had to spend time on the phone calling and calling to be instructed as to how to assemble some things myself. The wait for the sales line is NO TIME. The wait for the support line is MORE THAN TWO HOURS. On 12/2/11 I contacted Cyberpower informing them an item that was a part of my purchase was not function on arrival. This item was a promotional item for purchasing the computer, however as with any promotional item like "Buy one, get one free" you both expect to receive second for free, and expect to receive it in the first place. Cyberpower refused, instead offering several lesser substitutes for what I was owed (fair value of less than half the value of what I was due). They insisted that despite the fact it was owed to me according to the purchase order (and terms of sale) that they would not comply. They didn't even try to make up a policy or an excuse to explain why they refused. They basically just said, "what are you gonna do about it?"

b) On 9/10/12 I returned a motherboard to them (under warranty) that was dysfunctional. There has been no question over whether it is covered, the issue arises regarding the shipping location. Cyberpower insists that I fax them a copy of a drivers license (confirmed in documented phone call on 9/13/12) in order to ship to my new location, just a few rooms down from where I used to live since my old place is undergoing rennovations. Unfortunately, I neither have access to a fax machine nor a driver's license since in a large city I simply do not need a vehicle. I have gone out of my way to offer numerous alternatives, including verifying my new address with my credit card company (payment method). The agent yelled at me on the phone they were unwilling to accept any other form of verification (i.e. no attempt to work with me). They refuse to specify anywhere in the terms of warranty or elsewhere that I consented to be subject to such a process. What are they going to ask me for next... my social security number and my neighbor's bank account information? It's insanity.

If even ONE PERSON stays away from this company born of Satan I'll have done my job. Literally, customer service is nothing to them. They will take your money and stop caring. People get mad at the big names all the time, but at least they have some honor and respect for their customers. The best I'll get is some guy in broken English replying to this thread and not actually offering any response (e.g. "We tried to work with you by making you mail in a Driver's License you don't have).

RUN. RUN FAST CNET.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cyberpower PC - Testimonial: Buyers Beware... I Mean RUN!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cyberpower PC - Testimonial: Buyers Beware... I Mean RUN!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums