General discussion

Cyber Defender removal

I'm trying to find a removal tools. Everything I tried seems to leave remenets or it gets reloaded. the add/remove MS process says, "success" but it really doesn't. Any help?

TIA ------Willy Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cyber Defender removal
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cyber Defender removal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try this route ...
- Collapse -
Oh why...

The customer is sad they fell for the hype. It has taken me several hrs. to get to a low point, but it persists not to be taken down. I'll check back with results. I've gotten down to 2-process that re hatch, dang. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
What worked for me

I used most of the major AV and/or trojan removal tools, but none seemed to fix the final last two items. Over and over again, it just wouldn't go. Booting in safe mode and re-using the tools got it all stopped at least, then I used REVO Uninstaller. It checked the registry, etc. and boy did it take some time on this rather fast PC. the whole idea being after many hrs. of time and effort, its gone. The tools,were repeatedly used are:

1)HiJac this
2)Rogue Killer
3)Rogue Remover
4)MalbytesAnti-malware
5)Revo Uninstaller
6)Avast AV

*** all of the above were free versions ***

BEWARE: That some so-called removers refer back to the co. that offers removal tools for CyberDefender is from the same co.. Considering all the hassle none of those were used as a precaution.

tada -----Willy Happy

I suggest this be posted or be part of the sticky, because all advise found was rather weak.

CNET Forums