HolidayBuyer's Guide

Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

"Customize Google-""Application For Chrome/Iron

by sergieyes / June 23, 2010 3:46 PM PDT

There is an application named Customize Google which started out in Firefox and spread to IE and Opera. Rumor is that it is not any longer developed,and the FF addon is named Optimize Google. Well,I want it for Iron. Can anyone show me how to get/accomplish that? ADVISE.
"FEATURES OF CUSTOMIZE GOOGLE
Use Google Suggest (suggest words while you're typing);Add links to competitors;Rewrite links to point straight to the images in Google Images;Removes image copying restrictions in Google Book Search;Secure Gmail and Google Calendar, switch to https;Block Google Analytics cookies;Hide the Gmail spam counter;Make URL previews on sponsored links visible;Add favicons in the web search result;Remove ads;Anonymize your Google user id;Add a result counter in search result; Filter spammy websites from search results;Add links to WayBack Machine (webpage history);Remove click tracking;Add links from Google to your bookmark manager;Use a fixed font for Gmail mail bodies
;Stream Google search result pages;Sticky Google Preferences."
Thanks for your help in getting Customize Google for Iron.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "Customize Google-""Application For Chrome/Iron
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "Customize Google-""Application For Chrome/Iron
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure I understand
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 23, 2010 7:31 PM PDT

Those words, "Customize Google for Iron", do not mean anything to me.

What is Iron, in this respect?

Mark

Collapse -
"Customize Google-""Application For Chrome /Iron Browsers
by sergieyes / June 24, 2010 1:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Not sure I understand

Hi Mark,no problem! Google made the Chrome Browser,a good engineering job which in effect skinned the Webkit rendering engine. Chrome was Open Source,and Chrome had no privacy. So some snappy and clever lads over in Germany made Chrome private by modifying its open code to make it NOT connected to Google. Private Chrome Browser is named Iron Browser.
www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php - Similar

Google makes great apps,but,then,its got to get cash,so it is NOT private for the user.
Here is Customize Google for IE Browser. I want this same sort of application for my Iron Browser (Chrome-Privatized Browser).
www.cg4ie.com/ - Cached - Similar

If you can ADVISE,I am obliged toyou.

Collapse -
Ahh that's great
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 24, 2010 2:55 AM PDT

and very interesting. Thanks for that.

But sadly it's so new, at least to me, that I can't help you. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in these forums before.

I'm sure you've already considered this but my first port of call would be the Iron developers themselves. It may be that the Add-on world hasn't caught up with this yet.

Good luck in your search.

Mark

Collapse -
Robb: Iron Browser & Customize/Optimize Google
by sergieyes / June 24, 2010 4:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Ahh that's great

Mark,i appreciate it. Right now,there is an addon for FF named Optimize Google,a variation on that theme, and there is an addon for Opera.Just FYI,in case you use IE, FF,or Opera. Conflicting rumors: (1) Cust.Goo.is not developed;(2) Cust Goo is expanding,into Opera etc.
Is there smoke,maybe fire?I hope so.
I did place a thread on the SRWare site--they are the parents of Iron. FYI,try and track Customize Google on the Google browser,and then you see conflict of interest in blazing neon. Its WW Gazillion to find that addon mentioned in Google Search, Ya gotta use one of the competitors like DogPile or Yahoo,who don't loose cash.
Please post if you run across anything for Iron.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.