Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Cusack Calls for 'Satanic Death' of Fox News, GOP Leaders...

by EdHannigan / August 31, 2010 11:51 AM PDT
Sadly, this kind of thing is becoming all too common.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/08/31/actor-john-cusack-calls-satanic-death-fox-news-gop-leaders/?test=faces

Actor John Cusack went on a caustic Twitter rampage Sunday evening, attacking former House Majority Leader **** Armey, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Fox News.

?I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEY AND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS,? Cusack tweeted.

Cusack has long been outspoken about politics. He supported Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and has contributed to The Huffington Post, but this is the first known time he has stooped to the level of making threats.

And while the U.S. Constitution protects Cusack's right to speak his mind, some critics say he should be more careful about what he says, since he has more than 200,000 Twitter followers.

That's a lot of left wing twits.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cusack Calls for 'Satanic Death' of Fox News, GOP Leaders...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cusack Calls for 'Satanic Death' of Fox News, GOP Leaders...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) at least the Left know whose side they are on
by James Denison / August 31, 2010 3:01 PM PDT
Collapse -
another Hollywood wacko!
by oldie and goody / September 1, 2010 3:41 AM PDT

It's just full of them.

Collapse -
If it weren't for the fact "The I-95 Song" was recorded
by Tony Holmes / September 1, 2010 6:40 AM PDT

in 1983,Cusack could have been the inspiration for it!

Collapse -
"Wing nut"???
by Mike_Hanks / September 1, 2010 7:17 AM PDT

He's mainstream !!!!

Collapse -
Way over the line
by Roger NC / September 1, 2010 9:18 AM PDT

Serious or not, urging attacks on someone is too much.

If he thinks Fox News is all wrong, fine, he can say so without calling for violence against them. The same for Gingrich and others. He can think what ever he likes of them, but this is out of line and shouldn't be.

Collapse -
After today's Discovery Channel episode
by James Denison / September 1, 2010 9:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Way over the line

I'd have Cusack as "arrest on sight" if he showed up in front of the FOX building.

Collapse -
Good point,
by Roger NC / September 1, 2010 9:29 AM PDT

wonder if Fox or others have considered restraining orders against him from being near them.

Ticks me off, though, I liked some of his roles, mostly older movies. Of course, I don'tbelieve you have to let beliefs of an actor dictate whether you can enjoy their work, but it can work against them in your mind.

Collapse -
I hate that
by James Denison / September 1, 2010 9:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Good point,

I hate it when some actor does something that gives me such a bad feeling toward him or her that I can no longer enjoy their screen work simply for what it is. Sometimes if they are really good it doesn't matter as much.

Collapse -
Can't say I was ever a fan
by EdHannigan / September 1, 2010 12:05 PM PDT
In reply to: I hate that

So no loss to me if his career craters due to this.

Collapse -
All too common.
by EdHannigan / September 1, 2010 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Way over the line

Read the Comments on soe of the more left wing sites, or on You Tube videos of Beck Rush, etc. They are full of that kind if crap. He's just playing to his audience of haters.

Collapse -
I agree all too common
by Roger NC / September 2, 2010 8:44 AM PDT
In reply to: All too common.

But sadly I can't say there are no right wing nuts, they have their websites and videos too.

Extremists are just that, extreme, it doesn't matter which position they take, they will make it anathema to most folks with even a modicum of fair mindedness.

Collapse -
Oh, I see... it was just a JOKE!!!!
by EdHannigan / September 1, 2010 1:03 PM PDT
Collapse -
John Cusack, bless you and your wisdom!
by EdHannigan / September 1, 2010 1:08 PM PDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/kizzie/no-currency-left-to-buy-t_b_140250_17621905.html

?John Cusack, bless you and your wisdom! You spoke for me and everything I have felt about what has happened to our country. Going to watch your movie "War Inc", and thanks for your viewpoint and work to show how corrupt this administration has been.
PS--loved Serendipity--one of my favorites for all time. Very touching.
Keep in touch with us and keep enlightening and energizing us.?
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.