Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Culture of Corruption!

by Evie / May 4, 2006 8:52 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Culture of Corruption!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Culture of Corruption!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You're kidding, right?
by duckman / May 4, 2006 9:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Culture of Corruption!

He's only accused and the payments went to his wife not him and he's innocent until, blah, blah, blah.

Collapse -
Isn't Jackson the guy...
by EdH / May 4, 2006 10:57 PM PDT

Who comandeered a rescue boat so he could run into his house and retrieve a briefcase during the Katrina flooding? I don't remember exactly, but it was pretty clear that something fishy was going on there.

Collapse -
Yes it is the very same ...
by Evie / May 5, 2006 12:29 AM PDT

... and I remember a lot of (cold ;)) cash in his freezer.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
He also complained about a chopper
by John Robie / May 5, 2006 2:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Crooks are everywhere
by Diana Forum moderator / May 5, 2006 12:08 AM PDT

They are just more prominent in politics on both sides of the fence.

Diana

Collapse -
There's probably a higher percentage of
by dirtyrich / May 5, 2006 1:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Crooks are everywhere

guilty individuals in Congress than on Death Row... and I support the death penalty.

Collapse -
You stated my thoughts exactly, DR!!
by MarciaB / May 5, 2006 1:41 AM PDT

I concur wholeheartedly with both you and Diana in regard to this (and all the other "Alert!! Corrupt politician! Republican! Democrat! Liberal! Conservative!" etc., etc., ad nauseum, your side is worse than my side garbage.)

As far as I'm concerned, it boils down to picking out the cleanest of the dirty laundry in each and every case. It's pretty much all dirty - it only depends on which dirt you happen to be most fond of. Happy

Collapse -
Yes, it's dirty on both sides
by Evie / May 5, 2006 2:14 AM PDT

But the left seems to have a case of selective hearing loss and amnesia these days. All this "culture of corruption" nonsense coming from Pelosi, Reid, Dean and the rest of the Democrats is hooey!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Does that make
by dirtyrich / May 5, 2006 8:07 AM PDT

Republicans honest liars and Democrats dishonest liars? :-P

Collapse -
When it's a Democrat, it's bipartisan.
by Kiddpeat / May 6, 2006 12:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Crooks are everywhere

When it's a Republican, it's a Republican.

Collapse -
And here we thought you were talking about the CIA, Evie!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / May 5, 2006 1:57 PM PDT
FBI probes Watergate prostitution allegations; Infamous hotel used by defense contractor to entertain lawmakers, CIA officials?

>> The infamous Watergate Hotel is again at the center of political intrigue.

"We have received subpoenas for documents," says Watergate Hotel Assistant General Manager Josh Graham. "We have complied, but I cannot confirm names of individuals or companies that were part of those subpoenas."

FBI agents are investigating what happened in the hotel's posh suites, which defense contractor Brent Wilkes turned into party suites for politicians and CIA officers. There was poker and cigars, and the FBI wants to know if there were prostitutes, too. <<

I'm reminded of the title of a book about the Texas Legialsature: "The Second-best Little Wh0rehouse in Texas." Wink

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Start your own thread. Don't hijack mine.
by Evie / May 5, 2006 2:05 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Has to deflect to avoid the truth
by duckman / May 5, 2006 10:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
Yes, so far we have
by Evie / May 5, 2006 10:55 PM PDT

(1) They are all crooks ... and
(2) Hey Evie, did you hear about this totally unrelated topic?

Evie Happy

Collapse -
One person does not a culture make, Evie.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / May 6, 2006 1:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, so far we have

Look it up in the dictionary. My example, however, clearly is a culture. So what you call my "hijack" is more appropriate to the thread title than your lame excuse at deflecting attention from the primarily Republican culture of corruption in Washington (how could it be otherwise, given DeLay's insistence that a corporation give only to Republicans if it really wants to be counted as a friend?)

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Ted Kennedy is corrupt enough
by dirtyrich / May 6, 2006 1:17 AM PDT

to be counted as a culture in himself. One of the leading families in the Democratic Party made its fortune in illegal activities.

Collapse -
Pelosi, Reid, ...
by Evie / May 6, 2006 5:41 AM PDT

... Jefferson, Mollohan ...

Start your own thread instead of hijacking mine.

Collapse -
Culture of Corruption!
by duckman / May 6, 2006 12:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Pelosi, Reid, ...

is the same BS that the Liberals spread in the 80's as "The decade of greed" claiming that ONLY republicans were evil. HAHA

Collapse -
ROTFLMAO! One person gave the Democrats a reputation
by Kiddpeat / May 6, 2006 12:19 PM PDT

for corruption? Which person was that Dave? Richard Daley? Lyndon Johnson? Bill Clinton? Hillary Clinton? I could go on for a very long time.

Collapse -
WAIT !!! you forgot,
by duckman / May 6, 2006 1:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, so far we have

some more nonsensical ranting blather trying to justify it

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?