General discussion

ctrl alt delete problem

I'm not really sure how to describe this, but when I hit ctrl+alt+delete, it no longer has the blue bar at the top where i can close it. It doesn't even have the tabs to change from tasks viewer to processes, networks, etc. It is just a gray box that shows the open tasks. It wasn't always like this. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ctrl alt delete problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ctrl alt delete problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nothing is wrong...

It's just in a special mode that is a feature that few seem to know about.

Blog post about it if you want to turn it off.

Regards,
JB

- Collapse -
reply to: ctrl alt delete problem

Try double clicking on either the right or left border of the Task Manager Window.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

- Collapse -
THANKS!!

Man, I have had this same problem for days and its been driving me crazy!! The double clicking worked like a charrm. Even though I wasnt the original poster with the problem THANK YOU VERY MUCH none the less.

-Bigdr2k

CNET Forums