Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Cropping

by Steve_the_pirate / November 19, 2006 2:43 AM PST

When I crop a section of an image in photoshop, how do I copy it to another image?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cropping
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cropping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cropping
by harley2ride / November 20, 2006 3:30 AM PST
In reply to: Cropping

Select File/New and open a new blank document. Then copr and paste your cropped selection to the new document.

Collapse -
or just click on the image layer, and drag it to the
by Kiddpeat / November 20, 2006 9:16 AM PST

image you want to add it to. Drop it on the image, and it will be added as a new layer.

Collapse -
Cropping & Filing
by taboma / November 25, 2006 3:35 PM PST

After you crop your image, do a save. Select all and copy. Open a new doc. (C-new and paste into, C/V)
It was explained before. Good luck with Photoshop. The learning curves are endless.

-Kevin

Collapse -
I don't think so Kevin.
by Kiddpeat / November 25, 2006 10:38 PM PST
In reply to: Cropping & Filing

If you save the image after it is cropped, you will lose the original image. I'm not sure that is what this person wanted to do.

I could be wrong. I frequently am.

Collapse -
Cropping
by taboma / November 26, 2006 1:42 PM PST

Kiddpeat, Yes, you will loose the original image that was uncropped. Who wants the original image that takes up extra pixle space and memory.
Not me. Always crop the canvas size down as close as you can to the image area for all Photoshop documents. (Takes up less memory and the size of the document.)

-Kevin

Collapse -
The original poster said he/she wants a section of the image
by Kiddpeat / November 26, 2006 2:36 PM PST

I'm thinking he/she wants a composite made up of 'sections' of other images rather than destroying the original image.

Collapse -
The original poster
by taboma / November 28, 2006 11:32 AM PST

Kiddpeat, I wish I knew exactly what the original poster really wants to do. The best way is to do a save-as amd keep the original file. That way if she destroys the copy you always have the original file and to try again.
It's like money in the bank sort of thing.

Thanks, Kiddpeat,

-Kevin

Collapse -
well
by marcelomdsc / December 5, 2006 3:57 AM PST
In reply to: The original poster

you can just save it under another name, and now you have to images, or you can just create the new document and drag the layer with the cropped image over...

Collapse -
Well?
by taboma / December 5, 2006 1:54 PM PST
In reply to: well

marcelomdsc, All sorts of ways to copy, crop and paste into a new doc. If anyone is unsure, my recommendation is to play around with a file image that is saved as a test or something like that.
Try everything that you want to do and experiment.
Tutorials are very good also.
Check out www.worth1000.com Awesome work. You will not believe the talent there. The best in the world!
The talent there just leaves me in awe!

-Kevin

Collapse -
Do not crop!
by taboma / December 14, 2006 2:53 PM PST

Steve_the_pirate, Do not crop at all. Select the image area that you want with the marqui selection tool. Copy and paste that image into a new document that you have set up with layers that you want to work with. You can also swap layers in Photoshop and move the images where you want. Want them to blend into each other? Choose image/Multiply and using curves you can adjust the image lighter or darker as your want.

-Kevin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.