Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Creator of US Hospice system dies

I get the premium edition of This Is True, so due to copyright concerns I can't reprint the "Honorary Unsubscribe", but I thought it might be of interest to Marcia (and others) so I'll link to it.

http://www.honoraryunsubscribe.com/ click on the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross link on the right.

An interesting life, indeed.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Creator of US Hospice system dies
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Creator of US Hospice system dies
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
God rest her soul.

In reply to: Creator of US Hospice system dies

My Dad spent his last five days in a hospice in hopes of controlling his pain. They were wonderful to him and to the family. My hat goes off to all hospice workers/volunteers and certainly to Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.

Collapse -
Thanks for this Cindi

I just got around to checking some posts I had missed here in SE. Just a few days ago I included an article in the Hospice Newsletter that I edit (and write, and copy, and fold, and ..... Happy ) about this wonderful woman and her contributions. She will be missed by so many.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross was an extremely positive moving force in Hospice. Her works have been instrumental in many aspects of Hospice becoming a success in the U.S. I still use her model of grief (we use the abbreviation of DABDA - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance) in my bereavement work.

For those of you interested in more information regarding the birth and growth of Hospice, here is the best website for such, IMO. The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. We utilize them a great deal as a resource:
http://www.nhpco.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3285&openpage=3285

Once again, Cindi, thank you,

--Marcia

Collapse -
Re: Creator of US Hospice system dies

Yes she helped create hospices throughout the country . However the concept predates the lady by at least a century. St Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx (NY) might very well be the first hospice in this country and it dates back to the post civil war years.
http://stbarnabashospital.org/Administration/History.htm

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: A worthy soul indeed. RIP

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.