Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Creative Zen V plus VS SanDisk Sansa

Hi,
I just cracked my iPOD screen by dropping it while running, so i guess i am getting a new player. I want a small player (1-4gb flash) so that i can get an armband and also fm tuner. My question is which of these two should i buy. Any other suggestions appreciated. Also, is the video player on Creative Zen V plus any good? Thanks for your time and have a good day.
NV

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Creative Zen V plus VS SanDisk Sansa
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Creative Zen V plus VS SanDisk Sansa
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Both Good

In reply to: Creative Zen V plus VS SanDisk Sansa

I'm having problems deciding between the two, also. On one hand, the Zen V Plus has good software (used it before), good interface, and the joystick actually works. On the other hand, the Sansa is cheaper, feels more natural, and has a little more substance. Unfortunately, there are questions I have about the software and scroll-wheel.

Help is needed...

Collapse -
Sansa is awesome

In reply to: Both Good

I recently bought the Sansa e260, and must say, I'm overly impressed. My main concern was the software, but once I got past that (WMP was freaking out on me for a while), it worked wonderfully. Even the scroll wheel hasn't stopped me; It takes a bit getting used to, especially if you're accostomed to an iPod's touch wheel, but it still works brilliantly. Go for the Sansa immediately.

Collapse -
Sansa is.... NOT !

In reply to: Sansa is awesome

Don't do that ! ....don't say that ! that is really uncalled for when hundreds of people are up in arms against that piece of junk.

stillmind

Collapse -
quality

Im sure the creative has the superior sound quality as its the one to beat in that term.It has always been the one to beat in a computer as is in an mp3.

Collapse -
PREVIOUS OWNER OF BOTH

Ok i had both The Creative ZEN V PLUS and the Sandisk Sansa e2 something it was 6 Gigs.. I first got the Sandisk because it was cheaper than the 4 gig V plus..It works great..Hardware is awsome besides maybe the buttons on the side to switch tracks but no biggy..What i didnt like is to transfer PHOTOS OR VIDEOS u had to change the format or something with this software they gave u..So i never did it I had it when they make u do that..So i gave it to my Girl Friend and bought a V plus. i have no complaints..Videos and pictures are easy to put in Hardware is good So is Software..Audio Quality i feel is better only thing i dont like is the Headphones is it just me or are creative earbuds pretty crappy. at least the ones that come with it..

Collapse -
In defense for the Sansa.

In reply to: PREVIOUS OWNER OF BOTH

I was in love with the Sansa, still considering the e280 8GB. The Sansa has all these great features: FM/AM tuner, MiniSD slot, cool and sleek (which definately wins over the Creative, which are so ugly.)

As for the format with the pictures, that could get really annoying and redundant, however, I think I'm going to do some more investigating with the sound static probs.

Collapse -
sansa suffers from system noise

I just returned my e260 because I couldn't stand the system noise -- 2-3 seconds of high-pitched static at the beginning and end of tracks (and sometimes in the middle of longer tracks). Some reviews (including the one on CNET) mention this. It appears to be hardware-related and has not been fixed by the firmware updates.

To be fair, some people never notice this noise (bad earbuds, bad hearing, noisy listening environment?), and some people hear it but aren't bothered by it. I was. If you're a picky listener, it will bug you, especially if you use in-ear monitors. The Sansa's audio quality is just so-so otherwise. Everything else about the player is great, and the price can't be beat.

Anyway, since audio quality is my top priority, I'm going with the Zen V Plus.

Collapse -
Oopse

In reply to: sansa suffers from system noise

Hi,
Before reading the last message i ordered the Sansa 4gb, as it was on sale for $110 us. I guess i'll try it out and if it doesn't work i'll just have to return it. I'll post my experience by next week. Thanks for all the help.

Collapse -
Sansa is very unstable

I bought a Sansa e250. Within two months, it was dead. I went and exchanged it for another one. This one also broke, this time after two weeks. Both times, Geek Squad confirmed that the problem was with the device - not my computer. Disgusted and short $150, I have to start over.

It looks incredible, and it is for a while. Then it dies. Take your chances with this piece of junk.

Collapse -
Merge the Sansa and ZEN V

In reply to: Sansa is very unstable

I wish I could merge the Sansa and ZEN V. They both have features I want in an MP3 player. Sansa has expandable memory but no equalizer controls. Sansa has better video screen. With the Christmas season here. I can not believe Creative has not made the 8gb model avaiable in the U.S.. I have contacted them and they said it will not be available until after Christmas, and if you check their Asian site (where the 8gb version is available) they will not ship to the U.S..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.