Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

CREATING SUBFILES IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS

by mrerlo / April 7, 2006 4:46 PM PDT

I cannot create subfiles within files EG within my new post or sent post files. When I right click to go to the new file option I get the box for creation with the line to insert the name you want to give the file but the OK button is not active.

I can only create new files within the same account.

Any ideas?

I am using a Sony Vaio (never again) with Microsoft Windows XP version 2002

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CREATING SUBFILES IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CREATING SUBFILES IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: creating subfolders
by Kees Bakker / April 8, 2006 1:31 AM PDT

Don't know. Have never seen this.

Can you use a workaround? Create it 'in your account' then using the mouse MOVE it to the folder you want to have it in? That works with me. But if something is wrong with your OE, it's possible that it doesn't work with you either. But it's worth a try.

Kees

Collapse -
Outlook Express file creation problem
by mrerlo / April 8, 2006 4:27 AM PDT

Hi,

thanks for the reply but I'm drawing a total blank on this and it's frustrating as I need to sort out a huge file - I've tried what you said but get the barred circle sign - I can only imagine something is wrong with my version of OE.

best Luisa

Collapse -
I have tried
by PudgyOne / April 8, 2006 6:12 AM PDT

I have tried to create sub folders and have no problem.

As you signed in as administrator?

Or maybe you need to repair Outlook Express.

The only way I know to repair Outlook Express is to

go to control panel

click on add/remove programs

click on Microsoft Internet Explorer

click on remove. It will give you the option then to remove or repair it. Click on repair.

After you do this, you'll need to go to http://www.windowsupdate.com and get all you critical updates.

Then try it and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Collapse -
problems with OE and file creation
by mrerlo / April 8, 2006 4:28 PM PDT
In reply to: I have tried

...well I could try but

1 IE doesn't appear on the list of programmes when I go to install/remove via system management.

2 The only concern is if the computer doesn't give me the option to repair - I don't recall this option in the past - I just tried with another programme I don't use and I didn't get that option - I don't want to mess around with IE and then find I have problems with internet connection.

Besides what does IE have to do with OE?

Luisa

Collapse -
Outlook Express
by PudgyOne / April 8, 2006 5:02 PM PDT

The new version of Outlook Express came with Internet Explorer when I updated from Microsoft.

Did you ever go to

http://www.windowsupdate.com

and update your computer?

If not, now would be a good time to do so.

Rick

Collapse -
problems with OE - a Hotmail problem
by mrerlo / April 8, 2006 9:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Outlook Express

Hi,

I've discovered its an account problem in that the files that I can see in my Hotmail account can't be subdivided. But the local files can, so it just means moving it there.
Yes I did a Windows update not that long ago.

thanks anyway

Luisa

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?