1. "How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile (Q811151)."
2. "How to Create and Copy Roaming User Profiles (Q314478)."
3. "HOW TO: Create a Custom Default User Profile (Q319974)."
4. "Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile" (Q812339)."
5. "User Accounts overview."
6. "Availability of the CopyProfile command-line tool to copy a Windows user profile on a Windows XP-based or a Windows Server 2003-based computer."
7. "The Desktop.ini File Does Not Work Correctly When You Create a Custom Default Profile (Q321281)."
Thanks to CNET for adding a search box, since a friend of mine is having the same problem my daughter had a few months ago and I couldn't remember the fix!
In any event (thanks Lee!), my friend's explorer bar is freezing. I can move the mouse and launch items from the notification area, but for the most part the computer needs to be powered down. Here is the threaddescribing my issues.
I wish to create a new user. I remember it was a pain in the tuchish (Yiddish). I had to manually move stuff and reinstall some programs. Is there an easy way to move to a new user? I'd hate to use FAST since I don't know if the 'bug' will come over.