Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Creating DVDs

by marcelomdsc / March 19, 2007 6:32 AM PDT

hey, I would like to create dvd's for example of tv shows that I buy from itunes, the only way that I've done this is with nero 7, which just sucks, i takes for ever and it freezes all the time, which makes me have to start over.....you know...
So does anybody know about a good program that could help me do this?

thanks a lot, Marcelo.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Creating DVDs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Creating DVDs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Welcome to the world of video making.
by ahtoi / March 19, 2007 7:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Creating DVDs

Speed (or the slowness) is just part of the game. I think what hardware/s you use will be more important than what software you are using. Maybe you can give us some idea of what you are using and what kind of video format you are using to create the dvd.

Collapse -
not that dumb...
by marcelomdsc / March 19, 2007 9:19 AM PDT

well, yes I know it depends on the hardware, but I've used avid and it is not that slow...and the file formats i use are mostly avid, altough i would like to know if i can use .mp4 files.

Anyway my question wasnt about how fast should this process be, i just want to know if there is any program out there that will allow me to easily create dvds, and of course that they will actually work..haha, thanks, Marcelo.

again..please just post if you have an awnser.

Collapse -
How fast depends on the machine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 19, 2007 12:11 PM PDT
In reply to: not that dumb...

Way back when our 1GHz machines took 6 hours to render a DVD. Newer machines are much faster.

Bob

Collapse -
Wow you are way above my league;
by ahtoi / March 19, 2007 6:19 PM PDT
In reply to: not that dumb...

I better keep my mouth closed, hehe. Good hunting.

Collapse -
valuable help
by marcelomdsc / March 20, 2007 5:49 AM PDT

thanks a lot, now i know how to do it, i just needed to get a new computer! ....

Collapse -
For What It's Worth
by lsl / March 26, 2007 12:29 AM PDT
In reply to: valuable help

Based on my readings, in creating movies and rendering to disk, processing power is always an issue (obvious) ? More for the software side I believe. A not so obvious issues is the type and condition of the hard dive. Use an external drive and keep it defragmented ? I don?t know why, but this is what I?ve read and for me appears to work.

I do a lot of movie editing, multi-media stuff. Nothing professional, just homemade movies, slide shows, thing like that. I even rip to disk from my DVR recorded shows for my kids and then burn to DVD.

I use either one of my laptops, Dell 600m (older) with Pinnacle Studio 9 or my Dell 6400 (newer) with Pinnacle Studio 10. Hard drives are kept clean and defragmented and a lot of space to spare. But it always hangs or some sort of recording errors when I record to the root drive. But when I connect one of my external drives via usb, I?ve never had a problem.

For what?s its worth.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!