Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)

Hone your wits, left and right haters. Let's create some catchy, imaginary bumper stickers.

i myself am a Bush detractor. I am voting for Kerry because he's OK and I like his wife's pickles.

My first submission to this useless project follows. You may cancel me out of the running with your own zinger, just make it better than mine.

If this thread takes off I propose that our two (ha ha) Evil Twin Dave Moderators (one a fair hearted liberal clear thinker, and the other a dodo-istic hate monger, grin, kidding!) do the honor of selecting the winning *funniest* hate sticker of each camp, at their sole choosing. That is, let Conservative Dave award the republican't award and Liberal Dave award the democrapic award to the respective bestest of the worstest.

I propose that this silly contest be not limited to Dem or Rep hate, but may encompasss various political hot buttons, even religious and class and lifestyle divisions, within reason of 'net decency of course.

My personal submission (just top it with something you think zings -your- enemy even better):

Amoron/Amoral
BUSH/Cheney '04

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)

In reply to: Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)

You said for fun but looks as if you start the ball rolling with pure meanness. Having fun being mean has its own definition and to some (and I include myself) deserves no time or attention. Regards...

Collapse -
it is proposed for people with keen humor and...

In reply to: Re: Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)

is pure satire which both sides are equally heartily invited to join into. Or not join into as they choose. You're OK and I'm Ok, just understand this is not real mean. It is playing at being mean but with tongues in cheeks.

Whose cheeks or which cheeks I decline to elaborate further. That's not a secret joke at you, but at me. Don't be so serious here in this thread, puleeze. But sorry if I offended nonetheless- not intended that way at all.

Collapse -
Re: it is proposed for people with keen humor and...

In reply to: it is proposed for people with keen humor and...

Ok. Offended I am not and I would be unfair to pass judgment on your intentions based on your opening post in the thread. But, for some reason, I could not find too many uses for the words "Amoron and Amoral" that would bring about a proper chuckle. I found more uses for them as real insults than humorous barbs. There certainly is room for some good political humor here, IMO. We already have both major political parties making a mockery of our presidential selection process (again, IMO). We are trying to pick a leader for this country and we are showing the whole world how we do so and invite (if not coerce) them to want to do the same in their countries. From what I have seen so far, our example is not always (or often enough) one to be proud of. Hate mongering has become a science and is being used as a skillful marketing tool. If it was not effective, you would see less of it. And, unfortunately, I could believe that many will step into the voting booth this November whose entire "informed decision" will be based on the dribs and drabs of specially worded messages designed more to "zing" the opposition than to properly present their own candidate. Of course a few votes one way or the other can't really matter, can it. As for myself, I can enjoy good humor but abhor meanness and your posted example of political humor just caught my attention at the wrong moment. Regards

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Agree with you S.G.! Not my kind of FUN:(

In reply to: Re: Create a divisive bumper sticker! (for fun)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Yea, Kinda hard to get the last word :-)

In reply to: (NT) Agree with you S.G.! Not my kind of FUN:(

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Re: Yea, Kinda hard to get the last word :-)

In reply to: (NT) Re: Yea, Kinda hard to get the last word :-)

LOL Was that supposed to be an insult MaryKay???
Seems to me you are pretty good at that yourselfHappy
Glenda

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Bird in hand beats bat in a Bush

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Keep America Safe - Flush the Johns

Collapse -
A real "campaign" button ...

worn by a lesbian friend: "Lick Bush in '04"

dw

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Straight male counterpart to that. Hey! **** said it.

In reply to: A real "campaign" button ...

Collapse -
;-)

In reply to: (NT) Straight male counterpart to that. Hey! Dick said it.

Sorry 'bout that. No room for a wink... and some things just scream out to be said. Wink

The Axis of
Halliburton

Love Debt?
Vote Bush

A ****, a Colin and a Bush
But no BJs

Cheney Knew

Vote Halliburton

Who Needs Friends?
Bush 04'

Collapse -
Re: A real "campaign" button ...

In reply to: A real "campaign" button ...

Hi, ****.

That reminds me of that rare (but real) button from Nixon's 1960 campaign, no doubt thought up by some dear old grandmother with no idea of the double entendre: "They Can't Lick Our ****!" Most were destroyed for obvious reasons, but a real one is now worth something (I have no clue how they tell a real one from a fake).

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re: A real

In reply to: Re: A real "campaign" button ...

Some years back when my daughter was a teenager and working for Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburger they were having a slogan type contest and wanted employees input. A monthly slogan thing, whomever they picked, the slogan would be put on the outside big billboard marque and a bonus ($$) would be given. She presented to the Manager and Asst Mgr:

"You can beat our prices, but you can't beat our meat". They started laughing and never told her why. I told her to ask her mother.

The other she submitted and they didn't use was:
"Jimmy Carter can eat here for peanuts".

They also had the employees wear a button that said:
"Hot and Juicy". On the 2nd day she refused to wear, because the business men would make comments like ...'are you hot and juicy' or 'just how hot and juicy are you'.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Friends don't let friends vote republican

Collapse -
"Got GREASE?", ask the Republicans

Invasion of Iraq's Oil muwahhahahhaha Wink
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Proud member of the Right Wing Conspiracy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) If you don't vote people like Bush get elected

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Kerry's Pickles - www.swiftvets.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ****-Bush or Knobkerry? Either way you're shafted!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No Thinkin' Re choir ed. Bush 04'

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Kerry very scary, be wary.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) 10 out of 10 Terrorists Agree - Anybody But Bush

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Divisive sticker -- Bush '04, a divider not a uniter!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Kinda Fonda Kerry are ya? NT

Collapse -
My two Personalized Sticker for you

Welcome netsky

and

Stop the net bullies

I think you are a great NEW MEMBER and before even saying this, I noticed you have been suspected if you are in any way related to me and rumor says many other things not nice. I'm sure you'll figure it out everytime you speak easy.

Welcome to the not so real world and good luck. Wink
Collapse -
What a neat graphic for netsky!

In reply to: My two Personalized Sticker for you

They are both neat but the one with netsky's name is really nice. Maybe if I keep looking one day I'll find one with my name? Just joking. Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.