Samsung forum

General discussion

Crackling on Samsung AV-R720

by mparter / January 10, 2010 12:13 AM PST

Recently, my AV-R720 AV Receiver has started to produce a crackling/popping noise out of the front-right speaker. It seems to do it most when first turned on but can also do it when changing from one source to another. It's intermittent and last for a couple of minutes and then seems to vanish for a while.

I've seen this reported elsewhere and it seems to get worse over time and there's never been any conclusion or suggestion of the cause and any potential solutions. It's not even two years old yet so I'm not happy it's failing.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Crackling on Samsung AV-R720
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Crackling on Samsung AV-R720
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bump
by mparter / January 11, 2010 2:11 AM PST

Anybody?

Collapse -
by whersch / August 25, 2010 1:50 AM PDT

Hello MParter:

I have the identical problem in re the crackling/popping that you describe below, but in my case the problem is through my left speaker. I'm planning to ship the unit for repair to Samsung, but thought I might check with you first to see if you've managed the resolve the problem. Is there something more I can try on my own?

Please advise at your convenience.

Regards, WHersch

You are posting a reply to: Crackling on Samsung AV-R720
by mparter - 1/10/10 8:13 AM

Recently, my AV-R720 AV Receiver has started to produce a crackling/popping noise out of the front-right speaker. It seems to do it most when first turned on but can also do it when changing from one source to another. It's intermittent and last for a couple of minutes and then seems to vanish for a while.

I've seen this reported elsewhere and it seems to get worse over time and there's never been any conclusion or suggestion of the cause and any potential solutions. It's not even two years old yet so I'm not happy it's failing.

Collapse -
by grizou660 / December 18, 2010 7:21 AM PST

Hi,
I have the same trouble....
Need help please .
Thanks
Marco

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 19, 2010 9:49 PM PST

grizou660,

Unfortunately, I don't have any troubleshooting for this particular symptom. I'd recommend that if you are having this trouble, reach out to the Samsung customer service center. It's possible that your unit may need to be serviced.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Faulty Pulsus Component
by sarwardc / September 4, 2011 9:50 AM PDT

This is apparently a common problem with this unit. It's caused by the PULSUS PS9829B digital audio processor. Before you try to go and replace it yourself, know that it's a 100 pic surface mount IC so it's not a simple repair my any means. Seeing how many people have described this issue, I hope Samsung cares enough about their reputation to repair these units regardless of warranty status.

Collapse -
No Luck
by LSU_MykuL / October 10, 2011 1:33 AM PDT

The dont, i had the same issue followed by it going into protection mode which was also followed by a pop and smoke. Needless to say, its fried. One guess as to what samsung said..."sorry for the inconvenience" and no repair. To repair would cost the same as replacing. Crazy. Just to add, my TV 55UNC7000 also had pixels go out and becuase i didnt hit the minimum, i cant get anything replaced. So my entire set up is flawed. No more investing in Samsung, they simply dont care.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.