Question

CPU usage keeps staying up at 100%

Mar 7, 2012 1:34PM PST

Hey guys, my CPU usage keeps staying at 100%. I don't know why this is happening, since the CPU processes do not even come close to adding up to 100%. I just ran a virus scan on my computer, and there were no viruses detected. My computer has become very slow lately, and I don't know if the 100% thing is to blame. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on a dell duo (which is horrible and you should never get one ever).

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: CPU usage keeps staying up at 100%
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: CPU usage keeps staying up at 100%
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
What process
Mar 7, 2012 10:19PM PST

What process is at 100% utilization? I ask, because a lot of people get confused by the "Windows Idle Process" which means the opposite of all other processes. The higher the utilization of that process, the higher the idleness of your CPU.

- Collapse -
Answer
See prior reply.
Mar 8, 2012 12:48AM PST
- Collapse -
my CPU usage keeps staying at 100%.
Dec 22, 2013 1:58AM PST

First of all if you ran a registry cleaner find the backup file and revert the registry, reboot then see if the process is still at 100%.f it is then go to the control panel >Power options and choose never to the 3 options, reboot then see if the process is still at 100%.f it is then click on help on internet explorer choose about internet explorer. Search google for the name of your internet explorer x download save it to your desktop.Go to start>run fill in msconfig windows 8 hold the windows key press R fill in msconfig. click on startup tab then disable all then yes to reboot. After computer is reloaded click on the internet explorer icon that you downloaded., it will uninstall your ie then reinstall it Run msconfig startup tab at the top then enable all then yes to reboot. If you still have the problem you may have a harware problem such as the ram memory. I had this problem and the reinstall of internet explorer wad the problem I believe it was a corrupted update. Another suggestion is to download malwarebytes (search google) see if it finds anything.
Hope this helps
Terry

- Collapse -
This old post is now closed.
Dec 22, 2013 2:01AM PST

Please take care to which post you reply to and how old these are.

This thread is more than 654 days old.

CNET Forums

Forum Info