Question

CPU Usage

I'm looking for a program that will monitor all activities using my CPU at any given time. So I can see exactly what is running in the background when I can find nothing that should be.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: CPU Usage
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: CPU Usage
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Vista has already got one

It's called the Task Manager.

Why doesn't that work for you?

Mark

- Collapse -
CPU Usage

Task manager doesn't have enough detail for real time monitoring. It gives me an idea but will not narrow it down enough the way it's configured.

- Collapse -
Sure about that?

Sure about that? It can tell you which process is using how much CPU time and even memory consumption stats. You can sort the columns based on either name, CPU use, memory use, etc... Ascending or descending, your choice. What more is it you're looking for?

Task manager is one of the few things Microsoft got pretty much bang on in Windows. All the other task management programs I've seen really do little to improve upon Microsoft's. They just give you a bunch of meaningless info about module dependencies. The only person that would be useful to is a programmer, and they should already KNOW that info because they're the one's WRITING the program.

- Collapse -
Maybe if you shared what issue you were looking to solve?

But I do meet folk trying to "solve" those short 100% CPU spikes. I haven't found a nice way to tell them what's going on.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
cpu usage
- Collapse -
CPU Usage

Thanks for your reply,that answers my question.

- Collapse -
Answer
Software

You can use CPU Meter V3.3 to monitor CPU usage.

CNET Forums