Computer Help forum

Rant

CPU usage - 100%, RAM usage - 50%, strange buzzing sound, rr

by eimatam / May 11, 2014 5:43 AM PDT

Hello there forum ! Lately my problem is doing like a kid that doesn't want to eat his broccoli...It's very irritating... Tho I will start from the start:
So I go computer from 1 friend, he used it for 1 years, I used it for ~ 1 year w/o problems, but then it started to make strange buzzing sound (the sound itself doesn't look like natural one, it;s not like fans doing it or anything, it's more like high-pitch not natural buzzing, which is pretty much impossible to tell about), after being idle 3 or more minutes, after a while it started to shut down/restart after being idle 30+ mins and while making that buzzing sound,after even more time, the performance got worse than my old computer, then I started to shut down CPU-using programs, I looked at CPU usage it was 0-3% (of course w/o games or programs launched), by the time, it started to restart/shut down more frequently but only after being idle for some time... And so today the worst happens I launched pc, logged in, shutted down all unwanted programs and.. Damn it still lags, checked task manage again and guess what I see, no programs are using CPU, but it's 100%, RAM usage at 50% and not changing, buzzing sound is coming out even when I move mouse and so, then I started to play leagues of legends, just a game started, 3 minutes in a game: buzzing sound, I'm trying to close ALL unwanted applications, going to play and it shuts down even when I'm playing, system is not idle, ok I though, restarted computer, started the game again, boom it shuts down again... ok then I try to play a game called europa universalis 4, which, at least I think, doesn't require a lot of pc resources, just the game starts, it shuts down again... So what's happening ? Is it viruses or is it something wrong with hardware, maybe I can fix it somehow, anything more you need to know ? ESET NOD 32 shows no viruses found, which I highly doubt it...

TL:DR: No processes running: 100%CPU usage, 50%RAM usage, buzzing sound, if idle at this time, shuts down after 60 seconds, if I try to play games, shut downs immediately, ESET NOD 32 didn't find viruses

P.S Please don't say that I need to do all windows restart or all system restart if I really don't need to, as last time I asked for help with some kind of problem, they said to do fresh windows restart, then I tried to scan my pc in internet and it found the problem, so I'm really searching for solution and not message to "you need to do fresh restart of your whole system"

Sorry for my mistakes in english grammar rules...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CPU usage - 100%, RAM usage - 50%, strange buzzing sound, rr
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CPU usage - 100%, RAM usage - 50%, strange buzzing sound, rr
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can find out what's eating CPU cycles
by wpgwpg / May 11, 2014 6:12 AM PDT

To find out what's busying up the CPU, do a C-A-D and click on Task Manager. Then tell it to show tasks from all users (details here vary depending on which version of Windows which you neglected to mention). Now click the column heading CPU and do it TWICE. This will show the busiest tasks at the top of the list. Now once the CPU gets that busy, it will heat up, so other symptoms could be the result of heat. The strange sound could be coming from a fan revving up to try to cool things down or it could be coming from a hard drive that's about to wear out. Usually they don't wear out after only a year though. Another thing about heat is that you have to periodically blow out accumulated dust - usually at least every 6 months or less.
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
Try this.

Try something for me...Try booting in safemode with networking.. when you start your computer up Hit F8 and hit the option Safemode with networking. Check and see if still have the same problem with the processor being maxed out if it isn't your probably infected with a virus Try Malwarebytes or Hitman pro Free versions, this should fix you up... As for the high pitch buzzing sound your talking about.. I would take an air can to the Power supply and the processor Fan..Make sure that all of the dust is blown out of the Processor thermal release.. Some times the bearing can go out in the fans which can make that kind of sound and wont be fixed with the Air can.. You will have to replace the fan.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?