Question

Cpu spikes to 100 percent

So heres the situation im running the windows 7 trial version modded a little so it doesnt shut off every 2 hours. I have that little gadget that tells you how much of the cpu is being used. Every time i turn on the computer the cpu usage spikes to 100 percent and stays there for approximately 10 minutes. After that it stays at 0-5 percent but as soon as i click anything even google chrome or control panel its goes back to 100 my computer is ridiculously slow whats the problem and how do i fix it? Im pretty sure i dont have any viruses because i have AVG and ccleaner so im not sure what to do. Thanks for the help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cpu spikes to 100 percent
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cpu spikes to 100 percent
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Well

Well, maybe you should consider buying the full version so that we could actually help you. Assisting people who have pirated copies of software is against the rules here. If you can't afford a copy of Windows, then there's always Linux.

- Collapse -
Answer
Win 7 modified.

Ouch! When we see that we know this is some pirate hack or other.

Sorry, but we can't help. Like Jimmy says, install a genuine Win 7 and then if you still have problems come back with the details and we will see what help can be offered.

Other than that this discussion is now locked, as any other post is likely to contravene Forum Policy.

Sorry.

Mark

CNET Forums