Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Cowon iAudio X5L, Ipod Photo, or Archos Gmini 400/402?

by JSBAPinoy89 / August 11, 2005 8:51 AM PDT

which one should i buy based on overall features???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cowon iAudio X5L, Ipod Photo, or Archos Gmini 400/402?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cowon iAudio X5L, Ipod Photo, or Archos Gmini 400/402?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
depends
by southpawaf / August 12, 2005 1:54 AM PDT

Ipod is out of the question: no features, high price.

Gmini: very beautiful display, video(divx, xvid) 30fps, playforsure(402), tv-out (display contents on tv), avg. battery. (i think it is fine for me because it lasts during the day and i charge it during the night) cf card slot/usb host

X5: i don't know much about. screen is not as big as gmini, only plays video at ?15fps, longer battery life than gmini.

it really depends on what you want more. longer battery life, or bigger screen, better video quality.
I chose gmini400.

Collapse -
by JSBAPinoy89 / August 12, 2005 9:05 AM PDT
In reply to: depends

i like tha x5l cuz of the battery life, but do u think its possible for archos to make a longer battery life as well.?

Collapse -
differences between gmni400 and gmini402
by danel / September 9, 2005 5:40 PM PDT
In reply to: reply

The archos site doesn't tell much about it except for the CF slot and price difference, could it be one of them discontinued ?

Collapse -
this is what i would do...
by nwafan20 / September 10, 2005 3:42 AM PDT

i would go with the x5l if you want a smaller player that fits in your pocket better. its the size of an ipod. i would go with the archos gemini if you dont care about size (its like a psp) if you dont care about size or price.

personally i am thinking of getting a x5 myself. i think its the best bet feature, money, and size wise.

i wouldnt go for the ipod because it doesnt do anything but play music.

you are in the same situation that i was in a couple days ago!!!! and i thinkim going for the x5. i was also considering the creative zen sleek but it didnt have a color screen.

Collapse -
uhhh...
by woohoo22 / September 10, 2005 12:52 PM PDT

IMHO, if you want something for watching videos, get a PVP, most likely the Creative Zen Vision. It looks amazing.

Collapse -
um.....facts?
by mr. tambourine man / September 13, 2005 2:18 PM PDT

the gmini 400 is almost the same size as the ipod.its a litlle shorter and a little(not noticeably)fatter. i own one and my friejnd owns an ipod so i kinda know. might wanna check your measurements next time.....

Collapse -
sorry
by nwafan20 / September 14, 2005 6:56 AM PDT
In reply to: um.....facts?

sorry, i was confusing the 420?

Collapse -
sorry!
by mr. tambourine man / September 14, 2005 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: sorry

sorry i sounded all mean! i feel embarrased. that was so nerdy

Collapse -
lets narrow it down to archos and x5l
by max-9 / September 10, 2005 8:59 AM PDT

I have all 3 of the devices you are contemplating the purchase of.
The ipod looks and seems to be a great player but its sound quality is not even close to the archos or the cowon .The gmini is very similar to the x5l as far as handeling files but the x5l beats everything /sound quality / build /volume and battery life (not to mention its the best looking). All handhelds are too small for movie viewing and require tediouse file transforming to play . However the archos av 340 (I also own this )will record video easily ....really depends on what you want ...but ipod always has less of everything but it does hook up for music downloads.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) your opinion for samsung yp t8z vs iaudio u2? thanx
by panos05 / October 13, 2005 10:24 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?