General discussion

Covert DVD ISO to CD ISO ??

I have suse 9.1 pro on DVD but cannot boot from DVD.....Can it be burned to 3 or 4 CD's using roxio easy cd creator or burn4free ???

Thanks

Rob

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Covert DVD ISO to CD ISO ??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Covert DVD ISO to CD ISO ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Why?

You don't have a DVD reader, either DVD Rom or combo drive? If not, it would be better to download CDs if you have broadband. Elaborate, please. chuck

- Collapse -
suse

I have a DVD reader and a CD burner on another computer ...would like to convert to CD's in order to take a look at SUSE 9.1 pro

(looks like the ''pro'' is not available for free download....the DVD came in a Linux Magazine)

as I have been looking only at Fedora and Mandrake so far...

Thanks

Rob

- Collapse -
Really?

I noted open suse and I'd like to know what's not in it that you are looking for.

Do tell.

Bob

- Collapse -
hoops

How many hoops does a person have to jump through to get a simple answer to a simple question on this forum ???

Rob

- Collapse -
Not many.

While turning the DVD into CDs is possible, no one I know has done it since it would take far longer than getting the new CDs from OpenSuse.

Also, why not answer my question?

Bob

- Collapse -
None that i've seen

First of all, it is not that simple an answer. I am sure that it is possible but VERY complicated, especially when you try to tell the installer where to look for packages and so on. In my humble estimation, it is way outside of the capabilities of 90% of the people on this forum, anyway.

Secondly, i think what people are trying to point out by asking "why" is that there are much simpler and faster ways to execute your stated intent (try out SuSE) than to convert an installation DVD iso to CDs (like get OpenSuSE 10.1... pretty much the same thing, from what i understand) and asking "why" helps them find something that best fits your needs.

Good Luck with SuSE.
Try Debian next.

- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks for the input....I'll try to be more patient in the future

Rob

- Collapse -
Just sharing.

I'm finding the Open Suse 10 to be a nice step up from Suse 9.1 and... you can get the CDs.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info