Question

Could my Wifi Card be Bad??

I have an HP G61 Laptop running Windows 7 home. Over the past few months, my internet connections drops off, when I trouble shoot, it tells me there was a problem with the access point and that it is fixed. However with in minutes i lose connectivity again. I know it is not the router as we have several laptops that connect with no problem and stay connected. I have updated drivers, and have gone so far as to revert to factory settings to fix the problem. Not sure where I go from here. Any help would be appreciated as this is getting to be very frustrating.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Could my Wifi Card be Bad??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Could my Wifi Card be Bad??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Given how those WiFi "kid friendly hack tools" work.

Is the router secure with at least WPA2 AES personal security?

I'll forgo explaining the kid friendly hack tools and why it can affect just one machine and have folk making a post like yours.
Bob

- Collapse -
That other issue. Heat.

If you find it works when it's been off for awhile, that's another clue. If so, did you use your canned air on the vents recently?

- Collapse -
Answer
A test.

Find a public hotspot (it seems McDonalds and Starbucks offer them) and while you enjoy a cup of coffee (or more, or course) see if it happens there also.
Then find a friend or family member with wireless router and try there.

Post your findings.

Kees

CNET Forums