Samsung forum

General discussion

Costly Typo on Samsung site

by jaximflash / June 16, 2008 10:40 PM PDT

Mr Samsung:

There is a typo on the Full Specifications page for the SC-HMX20C camcorder. A typo which misleads potential customers in thinking that the camcorder isn't as good as it is, which therefore may make potential consumers less likely in purchasing this Samsung product.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=camerascamcorders&type=camcorders&subtype=highdefinition&model_cd=SC-HMX20C/XAA&fullspec=F

On this page, the Recording Resolution is stated as "1920 x 1080i (60i / 30p)" when in fact it should be stated without the "i" after the 1080: "1920 x 1080 (60i / 30p)". When the "i" is after the 1080, it appears that the camcorder only takes 1080i video, when in fact the camcorder can take 1080p video.

I have read many online reviews on the specifications of this camcorder and many have mistakenly assumed that the camcorder can only take 1080i video.

I've attempted to call the Samsung customer service phone line to point out this potentially costly typo, but I could not find anyone very interested in making the change. Perhaps you can take a look at this and have better luck, Mr Samsung.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Costly Typo on Samsung site
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Costly Typo on Samsung site
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wow... Thanks
by Mr__S / June 18, 2008 3:02 PM PDT

Jaximflash -

Thanks for the heads up. I just sent this to our Camcorder team. I'll let you know if they have anything interesting to add to your comment.

Thanks again. It's really appreciated.

Best,

Mr. Samsung

Collapse -
No Problem
by jaximflash / June 19, 2008 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Wow... Thanks

I've done so much research on this camcorder I almost feel like an expert on the product even though I don't actually own it yet. I've read tons of reviews on the product and whenever the reviewer or a commenter says something incorrect about the camcorder I feel obligated to correct them so my extensive research won't go to waste on just myself. At times, I almost feel like I should be employed by Samsung for keeping up on the news of this camcorder. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?