Question

corsair 1333 1.5 vs 1.65

I have installed in this system MD-x58i i7 XFX motherboard
with triple chanel NB.
on one set (3) I have Corsair 1333 Patriot 1.65v
works fine and BIOS reports 1066 (or whatever#)
good.
now I add another set of Corsair 1333 1.5v
no boot unless I set the Memory freq. to X06
which then reports from BIOS 800mhz

when running cpu-z I get about 398mhz for each ram stick. now I read that tripple chanel will devide by 3 the NB

but why does the BIOS set at 800MHz? strange

System running stable but seems slower than when there is 6gb instead of 12gb

If you want to see the cpu-z screen shots I can email them to you

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

this system is driving me insane
Thanks

danielo@bmts.com

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: corsair 1333 1.5 vs 1.65
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: corsair 1333 1.5 vs 1.65
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Not changing my answer.

Keep all sticks the same unless you want troubles. It's very simple advice.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Same type and quality

It's the same problem that ram carries over from using all the "slots" or "banks" which refers to the way ram gets used. As speed increases, the RAS/CAS values become that more important and timing too or rather "syncing" of it all. Which is why it has always been good advice to use the same type and values of ram sticks in order to keep at stable and upper levels. BUT! also understand when full range of slots become used, that timing is critical and falls out of snyc which in turn causes all kinds of issues if not booting at all. This in turn provides the bios whatever it needs to "auto mode" the setting it best deems fits the ram installed. If you turn-OFF and manually set these values, issues become apparent and/or you reach the absolute level it will tolerate, which is a trail&error method. I exclude any heat stress and quality issues here, because ram sticks do vary. Take all or some of this advise will answer your question.

tada -----Willy Happy

CNET Forums