Windows 7 forum

General discussion

corrupted win7 ultimate x86

by seyiisq / December 24, 2012 11:38 AM PST

Hi all,
Please can anyone advise where i can download the iso of win7 Ultimate x86 sp1. The downloaded recently from the link as shown below
http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

but it was corrupted file, i confirmed this when i compared the sha1 attribute of the downloaded file with the one online (92c1ada4ff09c76ec2f1974940624cab7f822f62).

Please can anyone advise.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: corrupted win7 ultimate x86
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: corrupted win7 ultimate x86
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's the link
by wpgwpg / December 24, 2012 11:52 AM PST
Collapse -
being there
by seyiisq / December 24, 2012 9:27 PM PST
In reply to: Here's the link

Thanks wpgwpg ,
being there, but files were corrupted. dont know whether i should do it again

Collapse -
If it was corrupted
by Jimmy Greystone / December 24, 2012 11:40 PM PST
In reply to: being there

If it was corrupted, then yes. If you repeatedly get corrupted downloads, then that is often a good indication of there being an issue with your RAM that you'll need to fix.

Collapse -
done memory check - No error
by seyiisq / January 3, 2013 6:26 PM PST
In reply to: If it was corrupted

Hi,

I have done memory check, and there is no error but my download is still corrupt after comparing the checksum.

I have a slow connection. The download almost took 24hrs. Could this be the problem?

I downloaded from the page wpgwpg directed me.

Collapse -
Re: download
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 6:31 PM PST

In that case, better buy the disk in stead of downloading it. Easy to find both in your local computer shop or online.

Kees

Collapse -
slow connection?
by seyiisq / January 3, 2013 6:43 PM PST
In reply to: Re: download

Kees,

slow connection, could it be the culptrit.

Collapse -
(NT) Could be.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 6:56 PM PST
In reply to: slow connection?
Collapse -
Try not to do anything else during the download
by wpgwpg / December 25, 2012 12:21 AM PST

With long downloads (and burning discs) I try not to do other things while it's in progress. Sometimes the software can lose data if it's switching between tasks during the process. That really shouldn't happen, but sometimes it does anyway. You can run memory diagnostics if you suspect a RAM problem. They're built into Windows 7, and you can download them from the MS web site if need be.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Let me share the most common corrupter I know.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2012 1:19 AM PST

"Download Accelerators"

Another one were a few antivirus download examiners. That is, early versions of scan on download had issues. Folk use that digital river a lot so when it is corrupt you look for what's been noted and I thought I'd toss in what I've encountered.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks folks
by seyiisq / December 27, 2012 3:51 PM PST

Thanks, I will do a memory check and try not to do anything when i download it again.

Sorry for the late respond.

Collapse -
you have to be pay attention
by itsdigger / December 28, 2012 12:13 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks folks

when you download these, I did a fresh install of Vista / Win 7 upgrade overnight and went to download Vista SP1 from Softpedia and you wouldn't believe the garbage add-ons they tried to unload on me,toolbars, browsers, and other stuff that I didn't even recognize, had to un-check a bunch of things so , be careful out there in cyberland......Digger

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!