Samsung forum

Question

correct anynet+ tv/receiver/dvd/sat cabling

by kristimt / October 22, 2011 4:07 AM PDT

Going in circles getting the anynet+ feature to behave. Devices don't always power up and down properly. For instance, watching TV from SAT box while DVD player is powered - when DVD automatically powers down because its not being used, forces the TV to switch source to from SAT box (what I am watching) to antenna (black screen).

TV is UN-55C800XFXZA, AV receiver is HW-C700B, DVD is BD-6900, SAT is DirecTV (not anynet) all connected with HDMI cables. I have all sources connected to the AV receiver and then one output from the AVR to the TV. From what I see in other posts, the secret seems to be in the cabling. Can you give me the preferred setup with these devices so I get the ideal picture, sound and ease of use?

My wife is giving me grief because I sold her on this major system upgrade based on the purported ease of use. Wink

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: correct anynet+ tv/receiver/dvd/sat cabling
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: correct anynet+ tv/receiver/dvd/sat cabling
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Be sure to call it in.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2011 7:10 AM PDT

While I could comment on this, let's let Samsung do their thing at 1800SAMSUNG or the retailer.

If they sold you that it worked and it didn't why keep it?
Bob

Collapse -
trying firware
by kristimt / October 30, 2011 2:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Be sure to call it in.

I am going to try a firmware update first before calling. Thats what I have to do to all my other equipement and usually it solves the issue.

Why did I keep it? Living 4 hours away from any electronics retailer forces you to be patient and work through things. It should work and is close to working as advertised.

Disapointed no Samsung rep responded to this post. I would rather have a solid answer to work from here than to be stuck on 1-800-yuck at home and not at work during the day.

Collapse -
Defaulting to an open TV input is bad design, BUT try this
by allen podell / December 18, 2011 2:06 PM PST
In reply to: trying firware

Connect the cable box RF output also to the TV input. Now, there is a picture on the screen of reasonable quality without changing sources. Eventually change source input at your convenience.

Collapse -
Harmony is the solution
by kristimt / December 19, 2011 11:59 PM PST

I considered that at one point.

Making a long story short, I went to Best Buy and they said I was past the point of returning the unit. I had a good conversation with one of their managers and he said they are running into similar issues with other brands and models.

Found some other posts on other forums with the identical issue. I called Samsung and they basically told me that on page ??? in the owners manual it states that the AnyNet+ feature only controls volume. I told them, how could I possibly read every page of the owners manual BEFORE I purchased this product to find out its true limitations. She had no answer. So much for customer service.

Bottom line is Samsung screwed this one up big time and is lying through their teeth. I smell a class-action lawsuit if only someone had time. Will file a complain with the BBB when I have more time just to make me feel better.

I purchased a Logitec Harmony One remote, killed the Anynet+ feature and now like my system.

Collapse -
Samsung didn't think it through
by allen podell / December 20, 2011 1:35 AM PST

Truly amazing that this stuff wasn't tested thoroughly. The shortcomings are obvious. I want a remote with a keyboard, and skip these useless, poorly executed gimmicks. I'll bet that there will be an app for Ipad and Googlepad that will be programmable like the Harmony, and able to easily access internet content. Do you think that Samsung will update their firmware, if we gripe enough?

Collapse -
run and hide from Anynet+
by kristimt / December 21, 2011 9:59 AM PST

From what I have seen on other posts, not likely. What I could find was either everyone got the same answer I did from Samsung, or they tried a firmware update that was available at the time to only meet up with more problems.

If one the "we" of us was a trial lawyer, then maybe. But who has time? A $150 Harmony remote is a cheaper alternative. Maybe Samsung is part owner of Logitec - you think? Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?