Computer Help forum

General discussion

Copying pictures from Picasa on my hard drive to a disc.

by ntorraco / January 14, 2009 1:20 AM PST

I am not able to copy jpeg photos from my hard drive onto a disc in my d drive. I am told the drive is inaccessible. I think I need to format the drive, but the commands I use don't work. I was able to copy once and bring to walmart to print. But that same disc could not be read on someone else's PC--shows a blank disc. So something is wrong..anyone have an idea...appreciate any help.
Nancy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Copying pictures from Picasa on my hard drive to a disc.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Copying pictures from Picasa on my hard drive to a disc.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: copying to CD.
by Kees Bakker / January 14, 2009 3:57 AM PST

I assume your d drive is a CD or a DVD. It could be a hard disk or a USB stick also, if you don't specify it.

Well, you don't format a drive, you format a disk. In fact, you only format a rewritable disk (CD-RW), not a disk you can only write one time (CD-R).

Other things you don't tell:
- what is your OS (Windows XP SP2, SP3, Vista, Vista SP1)?
- what program do you use to burn the data (there are good ways, better ways and much worse ways)?
- if you go into Device Manager, is there any yellow exclamation mark next to the CD? Does it say (in its properties) that it's fully functional?
- can you see the files in a standard data CD (not a burned one) in My Computer?

Kees

Collapse -
Copying pictures to a DVD
by ntorraco / January 26, 2009 3:08 AM PST
In reply to: Re: copying to CD.

Kees--thanks so much for your reply.

I am working on a windows xp laptop (dell). I formatted the DVD-R disc and copied using a copy command the pictures onto the disc. I can then see the pictures when I click on that drive. I did the make compatible function as the process suggested, but I still can't see the pictures on another PC-just an empty folder. I think maybe I should use something besides copy?

Nancy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!