General discussion

Copying maths characters from MS-Access to MS-Excel

I want to copy a whole Database file from MS-Access to a spreadsheet in Excel. When i try to do it either by importing from Excel or copying from Access and pasting on Excel, the characters like (tan -1 x .. tan inverse x .. or beta character or latin letters and many other things are showing as weird characters in Excel ) .. how can i have the exact form of the data as in excel ?
I tried to copy to Ms Word as well.. same problem..!

Please help..

Ari

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Copying maths characters from MS-Access to MS-Excel
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Copying maths characters from MS-Access to MS-Excel
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just checking. Did you try Paste Special.
- Collapse -
Paste Special didnt work

when i paste in word after following the steps, it doesnt give me those options at all and when i do it in excel, it gives me the options but only "Keep destination formatting" and not the source formatting one..
Is it possible to send the access file so that everyone can have a look ?

Ari

- Collapse -
Did you check off the...

"Tools > Options > Edit you can tick Show Paste Options buttons to give you even more control."

Sorry but telling all the little details helps. I have no reason to look up why those boxes don't show.
Bob

- Collapse -
Keep Source formatting not working

Ok now i could choose source formatting but nothing changed..

this is coming.. orginally its raised to the power 3 and 5 but its coming like this..

P.E of a diatomic molecule is given by V = a/r

- Collapse -
Two questions.

- How did you get those characters in the database table?
- What happens if you try File>Export in Access? Variants to try: Excel format, html-format, .rtf format.

Kees

- Collapse -
two answers

Finally..
It was a specific font called lido1.. i changed it on the excel and bingo !!!
thanks everyone ..

- Collapse -
(NT) Good job. Thanks for telling.

CNET Forums