Video Cameras forum

General discussion

Copying form Sony DCR-TRV 340E to PC (XP Opp.Sys.)

I've installed a PCI IEEE 1394 Firewire card,Installed
Software.Device Manager recognises card but fails to recognise the Camcorder when I connect it to PC.
Are there any specific firewire drivers for Sony Camcorders.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Copying form Sony DCR-TRV 340E to PC (XP Opp.Sys.)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Copying form Sony DCR-TRV 340E to PC (XP Opp.Sys.)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try WINDV from google.com

In reply to: Copying form Sony DCR-TRV 340E to PC (XP Opp.Sys.)

What happens?

Collapse -
Copying form Sony DCR-TRV 340E to PC using WinDV

In reply to: Try WINDV from google.com

Nothing happens, WinDV displayes that no Digital Device is detected. Are there any Sony Camcorder drivers for Model : DCR-TRV 340E ?

Collapse -
Doubtful.

In reply to: Copying form Sony DCR-TRV 340E to PC using WinDV

Given what you've written it's time to reveal the host PC details. For instance this scenario is normal for XP fresh installs without motherboard drivers.

Cheers,

Bob

Collapse -
Are there any specific firewire drivers for Sony Camcorders?

No.

Just so we can stop looking for that. Just a tip. Please heed the forum note in red letters when you post.

Bob

Collapse -
You're waisting your time

There is no Firewire on this camcorder. Only USB. And a slow one (1.1). I tried with mine on USB but I couldn't get a good image. I will try in the next half an hour to use it at least as WEB-cam. The only solution I found as valid is that I have to buy a image-capture device (on USB 2.0 for instance) and to connect this magnificent camcorder via TV-out to the PC.

By the way, did anybody used such a device (image-capture to DIVX or MPEG2 or similar) and recommend me something? Or a site at least.

Collapse -
It's working a little ...

In reply to: You're waisting your time

As WEB-cam it's working poorly (I tested it in Yahoo Messenger). I can get only 1,55 frames per second or something.
But that's not the worst thing. It works as webcam only for 3 or 4 minutes until it turnes off. So also as webcam is not so good. I have to buy a real webcam hopefully better.

Can anybody recommend me a good webcam model? I never used one.

Collapse -
So good to be wrong ...

In reply to: You're waisting your time

I have to appologise.
The camcorder HAS indeed firewire. And it's working excellent.
Also as webcam is working (via USB) but a little bit too slow (<1 frame/sec in Yahoo Messenger). I am wandering why.
The trick I just find out to keep he camera permanently ON is to remove the tape. Maybe there is also another way, but I couldn't find it.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.