HolidayBuyer's Guide

Camcorders forum

General discussion

Copying DVCs to DVD

by jbr10 / October 28, 2003 9:43 PM PST

Can anyone recommend a reliable and competent source for copying my DVC tapes to DVDs?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Copying DVCs to DVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Copying DVCs to DVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Copying DVCs to DVD
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 28, 2003 10:45 PM PST
In reply to: Copying DVCs to DVD

There are DVD recorders that you wire your Camcorder to and then press the record button on the DVD recorder and play on your camcorder.

Will that do?

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Copying DVCs to DVD
by preet / October 29, 2003 3:38 AM PST

Well, can anybody mention the DVD writer models which I can use for DVC to DVD writing. What should be the recomended memory available on my PC for DVD writing from DVC?

Collapse -
Re:Re:Copying DVCs to DVD
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 29, 2003 5:16 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Copying DVCs to DVD

1. Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba and others.

2. I've done the video to PC to DVD-R on a 1GHz Athlon with only 256 Megabytes. I think it can be done with less and the amount of ram is not likely to be a limiting factor.

Bob

Collapse -
dvd camcorder to dvd recorder
by Eric Phillips video / September 17, 2007 5:19 AM PDT

Sorry if I'm not posting the the right way, but and here it is. We are recording football games for the other teams to view. Can we record to a dvd recorder thur are camcorder, or do we have to record to dv tap, and then download file to computer and then burn to dvd. Also can we conect by rca cable or firewire.

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2007 7:13 AM PDT

Given no details I'm going to write yes. I've yet to encounter a camcorder that this method doesn't work.

Bob

Collapse -
camcorder to dvd recorder
by Eric Phillips video / September 18, 2007 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes.

ok I tried it today hooking up my camcorder to my SV2000 DVD Recorder w/ Analog Tuner, WV10D6
well it worked like a charm. It recorded to the dvd recorder in real time from the camcorder to the dvd recorder, and played back on the dvd recorder after it wrote to the dvd recorder. Then I checked it out in another player and no such luck it would not play in any player that are school had or any computer drive. any help would be great. I'm useing DVD-R and I recorded at the 2hr mode not the 1hr, which is what they call HQ. HELP.

Collapse -
I'd try the other mode and...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 18, 2007 8:33 AM PDT

Some recorders have a function to finalize the DVD to make it playable on more players.

HOWEVER!!! I gifted a few of our home DVD players to others because they would not play ANY recorded DVD media. Since I don't see the make and model of the player you tried I can't check to see if that model has issues with recorded media.

Bob

Collapse -
camcorder to DVD recording
by Eric Phillips video / September 18, 2007 8:12 PM PDT

Here is my DVD recorder type, it is an SV2000 DVD Recorder w/ Analog Tuner, WV10D6. The WV10D6 is the model number. I bought it at walmart, you pay for what you get.

Collapse -
DVD to camcorder
by Eric Phillips video / September 19, 2007 2:33 AM PDT

bob you are great just read the manual. The finalizing of the disc works great. thanks for your help.

Collapse -
Thanks for the final report.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 19, 2007 2:37 AM PDT
In reply to: DVD to camcorder

Always nice when it all works out.

Bob

Collapse -
How did you finalize your DVD?
by wydeven / November 4, 2007 9:06 AM PST

Hi, I borrowed my friends Panasonic HQ SV2000 recorder and was able to transfer my mini dv's to a DVD. She can't find her manual, however,and I can't figure out how to finalize them. Can you tell me how you did it?

Thanks much!
TJ

Collapse -
SV2000 DVD Recorder w/ Analog Tuner, WV10D6
by sunshine-52 / December 9, 2007 10:12 PM PST

I am buying this as a christmas gift....want to record from camcorder to dvd you said it worked?

Collapse -
Recording from a camcorder to a dvd
by wydeven / October 18, 2007 10:29 PM PDT

I borrowed my friends HQ SV2000 DVD recorder so I could transfer my camcorder tapes to a DVD. Unfortunately she lost her instruction manual and I haven't been able to figure out how to do this! I thought it looked simple. Hook the camcorder up to the DVD player, press play on the camcorder and record on the DVD player. It didn't work. Has anyone done this and can you tell me how you did it?

THANK YOU!
TJ

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2007 11:54 PM PDT

But as above it has worked for many. But what if you didn't select that input to be recorded?

Bob

Collapse -
camcorder to dvd
by wydeven / October 19, 2007 12:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

Bob,

I bet you're right! I didn't select any specific input to be recorded. Can you tell me how I select one? Thanks again!!

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2007 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: camcorder to dvd

I don't own your model. But I usually fiddle with the controls until I see my camcorder on the TV output of the DVD recorder...

Collapse -
camcorder to dvd recorder
by Eric Phillips video / October 19, 2007 2:37 AM PDT
In reply to: camcorder to dvd

We do this all the time for football. I even have are cam's hooked up to both a dvdr and a vhs recorder. Frist chech to see what channel you are in. most of the time you need to be in line 1 or line 2 which is front or rear inputs. After you see the dvdr'spicture of your montor you are ready to record, just push record and when it is done hit stop it should sat writing disc. After that you need to finalizes it. Hit setup go down to finalize. That should do it.

Collapse -
Thanks!
by wydeven / October 19, 2007 11:28 PM PDT

Thanks! I finally found the problem... I had it set to rear input rather than front input. I got it to work now. I have over 20 tapes to transfer to DVD. This could take awhile. Do all DVD's record the same amount of time? I think the DVD's I have will record 4 hours but can't find anything on the package or disc that confirms this.

Collapse -
thanks
by uthor45 / October 20, 2007 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks!

yes they are pretty standard, but I think they might have longer record time one's not sure, google it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.