General discussion

Copying CD Data to MP3 Player

I have ripped a CD into Windows Media Player Library, but I can't seem to move the tracks to the attached MP3 Player. How to do it?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Copying CD Data to MP3 Player
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Copying CD Data to MP3 Player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: copying CD to mp3-player

Don't do it from the library. Find those mp3-files using Computer or Windows Explorer. Then copy them from there.

Some players come with dedicated software to copy files from the hard disk to the player. Others show themselves as a ordinary USB-stick and let you copy from Computer or Windows Explorer. I can't tell how yours works.

Kees

- Collapse -
What About A Thumb Drive?

Can I copy the Library files to a 4 GB thumb drive and then move it to the MP3 Player?

- Collapse -
Re: thumb drive

No, you can't. You can't copy from a thumb drive to an mp3-player (which isn't much more itself than a thumb drive with a screen and a few buttons). You can only copy from your PC. But that isn't so very difficult.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info