Desktops forum

General discussion

Copy television program to computer

by CandiApple / February 27, 2006 6:10 AM PST


I have a show that I want to retreive images from for a website. I would like to somehow transmit the television show to the computer and retrieve the images to post on a website.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Copy television program to computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Copy television program to computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's called a. . .
by Coryphaeus / February 27, 2006 10:18 AM PST

video capture device. It can be a PCI or USB device. You install it on the PC, connect your TV inputs, satellite, cable, or off the air to the suplied connectors, use the software that came with the device, save the program to the HD, play it back on the PC, use the software to "capture" a still image, save it as .jpg or .bmp.


?Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.? - Dandemis
Click here to see the CNet faces, learn a little about telephones,
internet connections, spyware removal, and download free software.

Collapse -
by CandiApple / February 27, 2006 11:48 PM PST
In reply to: It's called a. . .

Thanks Cory..would you be able to make any suggestions..I'll stop by Best Buy.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
Laptops 20,411 discussions
Security 30,882 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
Phones 16,494 discussions
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions


Samsung Galaxy S8's major makeover

This year's flagship phone gets a sexy new design and Bixby, a house-made digital assistant.