General discussion

Cool Powerbook bags

I am looking for a cool bag for my PowerBook 17".

I have looked at Booqbags and at Everquest Design(www.everquestdesign.com) Soyuz bags. I find the Soyuz bag really cool with a space parachute on the front. Anyone bought a Soyuz bag?

Thomas

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Cool Powerbook bags
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cool Powerbook bags
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:Cool Powerbook bags. I want uncool and one that is unwanted.

I don't want to draw attention to my laptop so it's in a laptop backpack. Its a dull looking affair that looks almost like any other backback unless you look inside. The backpack has some nice padding and the laptop has its own shell as well.

No need to draw attention...

Bob

- Collapse -
Re:Re:Cool Powerbook bags. I want uncool and one that is unwanted.

You are not tired of all bags looking alike like we live in a world of endless copies of the same stuff. I do not want to have bag like others(read made in China in 10 000 000 copies!)

- Collapse -
That's the one!

I want that 10 millionth copy of something. Its just me not wanting a bag that screams "Steal ME!"

Maybe if you had one with some perimeter alert that would go whoop-whoop-eee-ahh-eee-ahh and put out an optional flare, then I would be interested.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re:That's the one!

C'mon, Bob! This is a Mac Hardware forum. We WANT to stand out. That's why we put our apple decals on our cars, like B.A.C.s and their little fish. It REALLY IS like religion for many Mac users, we know it, and LOVE to show our colors.

If I had the technology, I'd have my PB case emit a hologram of a scrolling ring marquee around me as I walk: "I'm not a drone like the rest of you lemmings. I worry not about viruses, and Bill Gates ain't got nothin' on me, boy! I may have spent a lot more, but it was worth every penny..." or something like that. =)

- Collapse -
Why I noted it.

When I travel, I don't want to make my lovely a "target." Labeling my laptop with a "steal me" bag isn't a great idea.

Give me a great bag with impact armor and maybe air bags and a dull looking exterior.

Bob

- Collapse -
Powerbook bag

What is the brand of your backpack I thought the same way to.
You don't wanna be a target.

- Collapse -
love that bag!

stumbled on this post Google-ing for powerbook bags. the space station parachute -- very nice! thanks for pointing it out, Thomas!

- Collapse -
Cool Powerbook Bags

There is a company called MarWare.com (as in www.MarWare.com) that makes bags for Powerbooks, iPods, etc., out of neoprene - the stuff that scuba suits are made of. They look really cool, and they have an amazing strap that causes the weight of the Powerbook to be redistributed so it seems as if it is weightless. The other advantage is that the material's pockets are very forgiving for the Powerbook user like myself who end up always carrying more than you'd ever need - ever stretching more and more - and then snapping back to place showing no memory or sag. I bought the SportFolio model and have been very happy with both the design and performance. I would recommend giving them a look.

- Collapse -
Cool PowerBook 17" bag

I got a Brenthaven bag. It was expensive ($150), but it does exactly everything I want.
1. Protection (padded, form-fitting bag within the carry bag)
2. Lots of pockets
3. (RE 1.) Inside padded bag is removable to take your 17" to a meeting without worry of damage from walls and doors.
4. Unobrusive black (isn't as likely to get stolen)
5. A shoulder strap that doesn't cut through your arm as you walk.

That's my 2 cents....

- Collapse -
PowerBook 17" case

I don't know if I'm too late to chime in, but in December, I finally bought a Mac after more than 15 years on a PC, and I had no clue as to what kind of accessories I wanted.

I tried out the Soyuz Parachute, but the front was damaged almost immediately, and I was being careful!

My boyfriend gave me an STM convertible, which is a shoulder bag OR a backpack. LOVE IT! It's far more durable and about $100 cheaper. Nice protection, as it's highly padded, but still not bulky at all.

CNET Forums

Forum Info