Question

Converting to pdf from a Word 2003 Preview -save to default

When I open a word document in Preview and go to convert it to a PDF
Adobe PDF (Convert to adobe pdf) it automaticlly says "save in - Temp folder. I want this to automatically save in "a dedicated folder" which I have set up. Can I do this. Where do I look for the setting to change the default Temp folder

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Converting to pdf from a Word 2003 Preview -save to default
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Converting to pdf from a Word 2003 Preview -save to default
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Is it just PDF files

or all other Word.doc files?

If it is just PDF then I am not sure, but for all Word files you can find the defaults in Tools > Options. I can't tell you where about in Options because I'm not on my computer that has Word on it at the moment, but it is there somewhere.

Mark

- Collapse -
Converting to pdf from a Word 2003 Preview - save to default

Unfortunately no it is not working - I found that option earlier and changed it. I wonder does it have anything to do with the Preview which comes up as a .rtf file as opposed to .doc ?? Or is it anything to do with it being a word document in Microsoft Office as opposed to a stand alone Word

- Collapse -
Answer
Are you using the ...

official Adobe product? Then check the Adobe site (Support options like FAQ and knowledge base) or contact their support. After all, Adobe Acrobat is a paid program that comes with support.

Kees

CNET Forums