HolidayBuyer's Guide

PC Applications forum

General discussion

Converting pdf to jpg

by Summergale / October 6, 2010 4:48 AM PDT

I used the converter to turn a pdf into jpg file. But the Output is "empty"! What did I do wrong??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Converting pdf to jpg
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Converting pdf to jpg
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You turned left when it should have been right...
by ChuckT / October 6, 2010 7:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Converting pdf to jpg

Maybe you weren't paying attention to the screen prompts?
Maybe you do not have a converter with the capabilities you think you do?
Maybe you did not select the right item within the PDF file to convert?
Maybe you did not define a proper output location?
Maybe you did not go to the proper output location?

How the heck are we supposed to know what you did wrong?
We don't even know what you were using for a converter, if it is a converter.
Maybe, maybe, maybe.

I'd like to help you, but you first gotta help me help you.

Perhaps you don't even need to use any converter at all, if all you need to capture part of a graphic from what is on the screen. That's another maybe.

Collapse -
Online PDF to JPG converter?
by jerowec / June 23, 2011 1:54 AM PDT

Reading this thread, I have the feeling that you did not find a convenient solution. You may want to know that you can convert PDF to JPG online. With such converter, you have nothing to download or install. And it is completely free, no trial period! Wink

Collapse -
pdf to jpg
by Summergale / June 23, 2011 5:18 AM PDT

thanks so much jerowec, you've been most helpful

Collapse -
And you haven't been
by ChuckT / June 23, 2011 6:13 AM PDT
In reply to: pdf to jpg

A few of us here wanted to help you, but you were not forthcoming in the details we were asking for. So this thread languished for 8 months with no response from you. There are plenty of people here who would love to help you, but a little feedback is required.

Please don't take this as an admonishment, because that is not its intent. The intent here is to let you, and other readers here, realize that meaningful information requires a two-way street.

Collapse -
Converting pdf to jpg
by Summergale / October 6, 2010 10:52 PM PDT

I used the CNET PDF to JPG converter. I selected the correct file, where it says "Add selected files to this list", then I clicked on the "Start", and it told me the status was "successful". But the "Output" is empty.

Collapse -
Re: converting
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 6, 2010 11:40 PM PDT

What's the "CNET PDF to JPG converter"? Never heard of it.

Kees

Collapse -
Converting pdf to jpg
by Summergale / October 7, 2010 12:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: converting

I googled on "convert pdf to jpg" and found this CNET site with a 15-days free trial of this software where you can convert pdf files to jpg files. It is so frustrating that some people only deal with pdf files, while others only deal with jpg files. Thus I need this to work.

Any other way to convert pdf to jpg?? I tried scanning my pdf document hoping to be able to save it as jpg file. But it seems to know it is a pdf file and won't budge. Grrrrr................

Collapse -
If you can provide the download link ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 7, 2010 4:03 AM PDT

in stead of referring unclearly to "this CNET site" I can have a look at the program myself.

But what do you mean with "deal with"?
Everybody with a browser or MS Paint can view jpg-files. So that's everybody with a Windows PC or a Mac.
And by far the most people have a pdf-reader installed. Those are free.
So it's unclear why you shouldn't be able to stick to one format, in stead of using 2.

Printing and scanning should work, of course, but is rather clumsy.

Kees

Collapse -
Converting PDF to JPG
by Summergale / October 7, 2010 6:30 AM PDT

I am submitting ads from one source to another. The first lot of people only work with pdf, and the second of people (actually one person) does not have pdf. So I am the piggy in the middle having to take the pdf file and convert it to jpg file.

In the end I just scan and save. It is clumsy, but it works. The software didn't. But thanks anyway.

Collapse -
You still didn't provide ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 7, 2010 5:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Converting PDF to JPG

enough info to answer your question. That was "What did I do wrong?". But you didn't tell yet in enough detail what program you used and what exactly you did. So it's impossible to tell if YOU did anything wrong, or maybe the program is bad.

Anyway, you found a workaround.

Kees

Collapse -
Free alternatives
by jobjol / July 27, 2012 1:20 AM PDT

I was looking for the same thing and i found two alternatives after googling.

- Irfanview (it supports even batch converting of your PDF files.
- pdfjpg.net (supports previews, conversion up to 600DPI and its free)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.