Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

converting music from a mac to a pc

by linkinchick / October 28, 2005 5:18 PM PDT

i am just wondering how i convert music files that were on a mac, transfered on to a thumb drive and now on a pc, so that they can be read on the pc. At them moment there unreadable by windows. can anyone help me?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: converting music from a mac to a pc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: converting music from a mac to a pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
converting apple audio files to pc format
by glennlee / October 28, 2005 6:15 PM PDT

You probably have AAC files on your MAC. If these are not copy protccted, you can convert them to mp3 files before transfer to the pc with your usb drive. mp3 files will play with almost anything on the pc. (note: if you purchased these files form Apple for your Ipod, you can not transfer them to the pc because of the security protections on your file that prevent this)

Collapse -
they aint ACC files
by linkinchick / October 29, 2005 3:47 PM PDT

if they are ACC files shouldnt itunes be able to read them? coz itunes doesnt. i got the music files of a friend, is there anyway that i cant convert them to mp3 now that they are on my PC?

Collapse -
itunes won't play them if they have DMR protection unless
by Kiddpeat / October 30, 2005 3:36 AM PST
In reply to: they aint ACC files

you have a license on your pc. Getting copies from friends won't work. That's what DMR is intended to prevent.

Collapse -
not the problem
by linkinchick / November 1, 2005 3:49 PM PST

that is not the problem, the person i got the music off has bought the CD's and just copied them on to the mac.

when i transfer them to PC the file extention is ''._'' and whatever the name is. someone said that just the wrong files were copied. so im going bac to the mac and checking that out. Any other ideas?

Collapse -
If you are copying someone else's CDs, that is piracy. Don't
by Kiddpeat / November 1, 2005 8:37 PM PST
In reply to: not the problem

ask for help with piracy here.

Collapse -
it shouldnt be the problem
by linkinchick / November 3, 2005 3:25 PM PST

the music has already been copied on to the mac, so it isnt coming directly off the cd, so that shouldnt be the problem

Collapse -
piracy is isn't ok to copy pirated stuff, and no
by Kiddpeat / November 9, 2005 3:43 AM PST

one on this forum will help. It violates the TOS.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 9, 2005 4:39 AM PST

This discussion is dead on arrival. It doesn't matter that you had the CD or not. iTunes may lock up the ripped CD content.

The fix is all so easy.

Pull out your CD and rip it again, but on your new PC or MAC.

Please understand that no one will help you crack the iTunes lock.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?