Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs

Hi All,
I have a large LaserDisc collection that I would like to convert to DVD. My PC is based on an AMD Athlon 64 3400, 1GB RAM, 160GB SATA hard drive, ATI AIW 9600, and a Plextor 708 DVD burner. I know that I can connect my LaserDisc player to a vidio-in port on the AIW to capture the stream, but I was hoping to find some software that would automatically remove the "dead-space" caused by flipping the discs and/or inserting the next one in sequence. So far, I have not been able to find any software that meets this requirement. Does anyone know of a good way to accomplish this?

TIA,
Jon

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No Automatic.

In reply to: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs

I have used Virtual Dub for quick removal of such spaces.

It's free and well documented so I will not answer how to use it.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: No Automatic.

In reply to: No Automatic.

Thanks Bob,
I'll give it a try.

Jon

Collapse -
Re: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs

In reply to: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs

I've been having trouble getting the video copied to a DVD disk...have all the right equipment? What software are you using to transfer from hard drive to DVD-r recorder?

Collapse -
Re: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs

In reply to: Re: Converting LaserDiscs to DVDs

The software I use are:

Capture - Hauppaugge TV card, Virtual Dub, Ulead's software.
Edit - Virtual Dub, Ulead's software that came with the DVD recorder.
Burn - Ulead's software, DVD Decrypter and DVDSHRINK.

I other no support for the above, but find that with just these tools, most of what I want to do happens.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.