General discussion

Converting from a usb to ac power adapter

My sister purchase a RCA Opal 2gig player. She loves the display, It is big and bright. She can only she out of one eye so that is important to her,, but it needs to be charged by way of the usb port on a computer. She doesn't own one!! She had a old mp3 generic player that charged by way of a usb connection to a AC power adapter. I was wondering if that would work. I called RCA support line. They really don't know much there. I really not sure why it wouldn't work I would think the power would be right. As long as the connection would fit.
I gave her a old laptop that was only able to run win98. The opal needs xp. But with laptop on it was able to charge the player. She is planning on doing alot of traveling here soon and doesn't need to lug around a heavy old laptop just to charge the player.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Converting from a usb to ac power adapter
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Converting from a usb to ac power adapter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Poser adapter AC to USB.

Should work. My wife uses one on her Cowon. For the same reason as your sister would.

Kees

- Collapse -
(NT) It will be fine. USB chargers are generic.

CNET Forums