General discussion

Converting DVDs to laserdisc

anyone have any experience with this? i hope to convert all my DVDs to laserdisc very soon but i'm having a little trouble finding information about how to accomplish this. obviously i'm not the first person to have this idea so hopefully you can point me in the right direction

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Converting DVDs to laserdisc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Converting DVDs to laserdisc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just starter material.
- Collapse -
re

well a while back i invested in a top-of-the-line laserdisc player and i'd like to be able to enjoy it. any suggestions are appreciated.

- Collapse -
Those links were to get you started.

But is this project worth that much money? I see these things are still in the 5 figures for recorders.

- Collapse -
Laserdisc? I think some people...

think about it and then quickly drop it (smart). I don't like to say this but where have you been? You are way behind time here. You got too much money? We are on the Blu-ray time now.

- Collapse -
re:

If I wanted blu-ray I would ask about blu-ray, I'm want to have a library for my top shelf laserdisc player

- Collapse -
"I'm want to have a library for my top shelf laserdisc playe

"I'm want to have a library for my top shelf laserdisc player"

Then do that! Creating a Laserdisc will be many thousands so why not look to find and collect media instead?
Bob

- Collapse -
re:

they stopped making actual laserdisc movies obviously, and I have quite an extensive library and would rather not have to go on wild goose chases to find all the particular titles

- Collapse -
The recorder was 25 grand.

At least you know what you are looking for. Seems a tad expensive.
Bob

- Collapse -
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

Just try to create a little humor (I guess it was...very little).

CNET Forums

Forum Info