General discussion

Converting a PC font to a Mac font for OS X

Recall, but can't locate it now, a freeware utility that converted PC fonts so that they were compatible with the Mac OS. This goes back a few years to earlier operating systems, both PC and Mac. I just downloaded 4 PC fonts I'd like to add to my current collection. Now running OS 10.6.3. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate your response

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Converting a PC font to a Mac font for OS X
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Converting a PC font to a Mac font for OS X
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) What format are the PC fonts in?
- Collapse -
Re: converting PC fonts to Mac Fonys

Thanks for responding. The fonts are in .TTF format. I seem to recall a website that made PC fonts available for download and also included a converter for Mac users. Can't remember who they were.

- Collapse -
OS X supports .TTF

You "should" be able to move them into the Font folder in the library and they "should" work without any conversion.

Worth a try at least

P

- Collapse -
Re: converting PC fonts to Mac Fonts

You're right. Font Book pulled them right in, they're showing up in the font menu and they are printing out fine. No conversion required. Thanks for your help.

- Collapse -
(NT) Pleased it worked for you
- Collapse -
FontXchange by Morrison SoftDesign

I've used FontXchange for the last couple of years. It works well. Also if it's an .otf it works for both platforms, developed by both Microsoft and Adobe. If you need some converted let me know.

- Collapse -
re: FontXchange

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind and will explore FontXchange.

- Collapse -
I can convert them to OTF

You just have to post them that I can have access to.

CNET Forums

Forum Info