Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

convert and burn WMV to VCD

by SherA / April 6, 2005 9:29 AM PDT

Hi! I have a short (30 min) movie on my computer in WMV format and I want to burn it onto a CD. How do I do this and what is the best program to use? I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 but there is no option to create video CDs. I don't have a DVD on my computer. I have a Pentium III 800MHz, 20GB HD, 128MB RAM running WindowsME. Thanks for any help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: convert and burn WMV to VCD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: convert and burn WMV to VCD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The tools I use to do that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2005 9:53 AM PDT

1. WINAVI from http://www.winavi.com/

This accomplishes the WMV to SVCD or VCD in one step.

2. Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 from http://www.ulead.com

This creates the VCD or SVCD if you want more effects, menus, etc.

Bob

Collapse -
Thank you, Bob
by SherA / April 6, 2005 10:13 AM PDT

I just went to WINAVI and the user reviews are great! Can I use the trial version to do this, or do I need to purchase it?

Right now, I just want to get this movie onto a VCD, but the Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 sounds like it would be something I would need in the future when I want to get creative.

Thanks again!

Collapse -
From memory the trial version works but..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2005 10:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank you, Bob

Splashes DEMO across the video.

Bob

Collapse -
just read that
by SherA / April 6, 2005 12:31 PM PDT

Yes, I just read on their website that the demo version displays a watermark on all converted video.

Thanks so much for your help. You may hear back from me again if I have trouble using the program.

Collapse -
How I did it
by SherA / May 3, 2005 11:03 AM PDT

Hi, I just wanted to let you know how I got the movie onto a CD. I was able to convert the movie to mpeg with TMPEnc, and then burn it to a CD with Aurora Media Workshop. And it was all free!

I did download WinAVI, but I never paid for it, so I didn't use it. I think that I will order it in the future. Or ULead, unless I need both to be able to convert, author and burn.

Thanks again for your help!

Collapse -
convert and burn WMV to VCD
by flyingcat / April 26, 2005 8:14 PM PDT

you can use imtoo mpeg encoder to convert wmv to DVD or VCD.Find in google and try.

Collapse -
Can I burn with it?
by SherA / April 27, 2005 4:27 AM PDT

Thanks for your reply. I see that it can convert WMV to VCD, but can it also burn to a CD, or would I need to get something else to do that? And would I be able to use the free trial, or would I have to buy it?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.