TVs & Home Theaters forum


controlling volume of external speakers

by basraan / May 25, 2015 7:54 PM PDT

i recently bought logitech z623 & hooked it to my panasonic TH-L47ET5A tv's headphone jack.but i cannot control external speakers volume with my tv remote.can anyone help me please?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: controlling volume of external speakers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: controlling volume of external speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I could not locate the product manual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2015 6:05 AM PDT

Some TVs have a setting for the jack to change with the remote or "FIXED LINE LEVEL" output. If you supply the full manual, I'll check it out.

Collapse -
controlling volume of external speakers
by basraan / May 27, 2015 3:41 PM PDT

thanks a lot for a quick response.i could adjust volume by a sub menu in remote like this.
menu-audio-headphone volume-up/down.its annoying.

for your kind attention,

page 86 show me some hope.but my z623 has no hdmi. can a rca to hdmi adaptor solve my problem?

oops! also they mention speaker system with viera link function ?

(f**k.they want me to buy everything from them)

Collapse -
No manual there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2015 9:49 PM PDT

As to the RCA to HDMI, sorry no. I think that's not the solution. Since there is no PDF manual for me to look over it's best to call in and ask.

I will share that I went with a headset with a volume control.

Collapse -
controlling volume of external speakers
by basraan / May 27, 2015 7:17 PM PDT

in btw, i read this in other forum,

*** Most newer TV's and amps come equiped with HDMI interface which links your TV and other components like AMP, BD player. On the Panasonic it's called "Viera link", which your TV seems to have, but your Amp may not have this feature.I have Panasonic LCD with Viera-link, and an Onkyo HT-S3400 Home Theater system with HDMI interface, and I am able to control the volume of the receiver using either the cable box remote, tv remote, or receiver remote.So it looks as if your only option is to get a receiver with HDMI interface.***

how about this? my speaker may not have hdmi but a rca to hdmi adaptor workout for me?

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!