The uninstaller mentioned in that thread has had some security issues.
Steve_R, a safer procedure would be to download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware
It is free for Home Users.
* Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe to install and use the default settings for installation.
* Run SUPERAntiSypware and update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates"
Note: If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from:
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options available. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Place a checkmark next to items you wish to remove/quarantine and Click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete".
* Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Select "Close" to exit the program.[/list]
If the above instructions do not help, I suggest downloading HijackThis so you can have someone help you remove any remaining infections.
Please click Here to download HijackThis to your desktop.
If not available use this alternate link:
* Click the Download button. When the Trend Micro HJT install box appears, double click on the HJTInstall.exe. Click on Install.
* It will be installed by default here: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
* A shortcut to the application will also be placed on your Desktop.
* The program will open automatically after installation.
* You can double-click the icon that was placed on the Desktop to run subsequent HijackThis scans or you can use the icon inside the folder. The folder HijackThis is where you will find the HJT logs that you save. When you use the application to remove anything, you will also find the backup copies made by HJT inside this folder.
* The first time you open HijackThis, check the Main Menu button at the bottom center. When the main menu appears check the box "Show this window when I start HijackThis".
* Click on "Do a system scan and save logfile." When the log pops up in Notepad, copy and paste that file back here as a New Message in this forum.
* DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
* Before closing HJT, please click on the AnalyzeThis button. "Analyze This" is for use by TrendMicro, and DOES NOT mean "Analyze My Log". You will need to post your log on a Hijackthis forum. There is a list on the webpage that opens after you click the "Analyze This" button.
Additional forums for help are listed here:
* Close the web page that appeared and then close the program.