Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Continuous shutdowns and startups: Blue screen errors.

I have Window XP. After deleting a lot of junk applications from add remove my computer started this trouble. It shuts down and on starts gives a blue screen which cannot be read as page doesnot pause. Computer starts two times and runs diskchk.It only stays third time but shuts down again occasionally. After third time it gives error thatcomputer has experienced serious error.Submit report.
I can't run the accessories, run, search from All Programs too.
Please help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Continuous shutdowns and startups: Blue screen errors.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Continuous shutdowns and startups: Blue screen errors.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
P_s

In reply to: Continuous shutdowns and startups: Blue screen errors.

Here's the $64,000 dollar question,do you know which applications you removed?

Tom

Collapse -
I'd go back to what worked.

Sometimes what we thought was trash was really needed.

Bob

Collapse -
THANKS BOB

In reply to: I'd go back to what worked.

I TRIED TO RESTORE FROM SAFE MODE BUT DOESN'T WORK. I TRIED FROM LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION TOO.BUT WHEN I OPEN COMPUTER NEXT DAY THE SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN.

Collapse -
Ouch, my eyes.

In reply to: THANKS BOB

Collapse -
Did you try System Restore in Safe Mode?

When your computer is booting up, press F8 several times until you get a screen asking you how you want to boot up, and choose Safe Mode. Then run System Restore. That should restore your computer to where it was before you uninstalled those programs.

Collapse -
PLEASE HELP

In reply to: Did you try System Restore in Safe Mode?

I TRIED THAT BUT I NEVER GET SYSTEM RESTORE COMPLETE WINDOW.SYSTEM SHUTS DOWN AND RESTARTS AND AGAIN BLUE SCREEN COMES AND IT SHUTS DOWN AFTER I LOG IN EACH TIME.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.