Question

Constant stuttering in all games with high fps and 144hz

Hello, I've been struggling with consistent stutter through out the last 1.5 years and with 3 totally different PC builds. Stutters occur in all games more or less. The stuttering makes PUBG almost unplayable even though I have stable 140fps~ all of the time.

Setup :
I7-7700k with Corsair H115i
Asus Z270-A
Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti
Corsair Vengenace DDR4 2x8GB 3200Mhz
Samsung EVO 960 NVMe M.2 500GB

Things I tried :
Reinstalling Windows multiple times and multiple versions (Win7, Win 10 1607, Win10 1703, 1709)
Trying various versions of Nvidia's drivers (at the moment using the newest ones)
Letting Windows 10 automatically install device drivers
Installing all drivers from Asus's page
Overclocking CPU/Overclocking GPU
Using different Nvidia settings
Enabling high-performance plan mode in Windows 10
Trying different monitors, keyboards and mice
Trying different internet providers
Tried disabling various Windows 10 services
Disabled Windows 10 updates and Windows defender
I'm using 144 hz monitor and have stable 100/100 internet with no ping spikes. I have stable fps about 100+ in all the games I play. I don't have FPS spikes or thermal issues. CPU, GPU, memory are properly stress tested and working properly.

I'm using Windows 10 1607 version because on newer versions the stuttering is even worse.

I've pretty much ran out of ideas on what to do.

I've read something about this issue being because of Nvidia's new drivers, but I can't install older drivers than 388.13, because I'm using gtx 1070ti and it just won't let me install older drivers because of system compatibility check, which comes out negative if I try to do that.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Constant stuttering in all games with high fps and 144hz
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Constant stuttering in all games with high fps and 144hz
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
high frame rate

Maybe it's your monitor.

- Collapse -
Read the thread again?

I've tried various different monitors as stated in the thread.

- Collapse -
Answer
Have to go with nope.

I have yet to find the Windows 10 version matters. If it gets worse with your versions I worry about your maker's Windows install routine. You noted drivers from Microsoft but everyone knows that's a dead end.

So given the story I think you are stuck and stuck. How are you installing an old version of W10 today? It's not possible unless you have some CRACKED WINDOWS VERSION.

Maybe that's it?

- Collapse -
That's not Windows for sure.

I've read both legal and cracked versions of various editions and builds of Windows 10. It's actually noticeably worse on Windows 10 Creators Update and afterwards and it's a known fact that versions newer than the 1607 just goes worse in performance aspect.

- Collapse -
Not seeing that here.

I've read such before but when we get one that the owner claims this we always find some mistake in the setup or install.

You can believe what you want but until you reveal all, and exactly what drivers and what order along with machine details, we won't go far.

A Web Speccy could find issues but if you are cracking Windows to prevent updates you have stepped out of support by most folk I know.

Read how to share more at https://www.piriform.com/docs/speccy/using-speccy/publishing-a-speccy-profile-to-the-web

CNET Forums

Forum Info