General discussion

Conservative "Newsmax" Says Obama Would Win Today

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Conservative "Newsmax" Says Obama Would Win Today
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Conservative "Newsmax" Says Obama Would Win Today
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Fear of the unknown

We know what we'll be getting with Obama. We don't know what we'd get with Romney. Doesn't a beaten wife find it difficult to leave her abusive spouse out of fear that things could get worse?

- Collapse -
That explains the FDR period

They were more willing to suffer longer under him than replace him. I worry the same may be at work in America again.

- Collapse -
They sound a little desperate to stir up the base.

Trouble is Mr. Preppy Hair Gel just doesn't get people's hearts racing, and Paul Ryan scares people away, especially women. And Ryan ties Romney to the much despised whatever number Congress we're on now, and to other extremists like Akin. Wanting to turn things back to the 1920's financially can be done, George Did It. Wanting to turn them back to the1900's socially is a whole different question. If banning Abortion heads their social agenda, can banning Birth Control be far behind?

Rob

- Collapse -
Birth Control and Abortion

I see them in juxtaposition to each other. Better birth control obviously reduces Abortions where undesired conceptions might occur. There is the argument that easier birth control encourages a greater amount of unwed sexual encounters. I believe that was true when it first was introduced, but that was decades ago and that ship done sailed. I also see birth control availability giving a stronger argument against Abortion today than existed prior to modern birth control means. Of course the best birth control is abstinence.

CNET Forums